Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Sweet Dreams With Elica

My 2 girls have been battling eczema for more than a decade now. From my personal experience, the most debilitating symptom of this skin disease is the itchiness and scratching that goes on at night because it affects my daughters' sleep. During a flare-up, one of the things I dread the most is waking up to find a my daughter's bed sheet stained with blood due to the scratching brought about by the uncontrollable itching.

When Elica invited me recently to attend their media launch with newest endorser Cheska Garcia-Kramer, I made time in my schedule to attend because eczema is a battle that I want to beat!





It was held at the Alta Restaurant in Ascott BGC. Gaita Fores is at the helm of the Alta kitchen, so it's no wonder that their pasta ala tartuffo was heavenly!



What is Eczema?

Eczema is a skin condition that's also known as atopic dermatitis, or more commonly as "skin asthma." It is characterised by red, dry, itchy skin rashes on the skin. It is more common in children than adults; although some sufferers continue to suffer from it until adulthood.

Head of marketing, Clarice Ferrera and Brand manager, Jinni Fernando telling us more about the symptoms and causes of eczema.



Eczema flare-ups can be triggered by several factors, including dust mites, pets, heat/perspiration or hash soaps. There are also times that it can be triggered be intolerance to certain food.

Redness, dryness and itchiness are the most common symptoms of eczema, but what is the most debilitating about this skin condition is the sleep deprivation that happens when the uncontrollable itching happens at night. I know this all too well, because when my girls suffer from an eczema attack, what I see every morning is their bed sheets stained with blood from the incessant scratching. I just feel so terrible that it's as if my hears is bleeding, too, whenever eczema attacks.

Such is also the case of Cheska Garcia-Kramer and her daughter Scarlett. Cheska shared with us that Scarlett used to cry at night because of her itchy rashes.




Sweet Dreams with Elica

The night-time itchiness was so bad that ChesKa and Scarlett consulted a pediatric dermatologist. Their doctor recommended Elica, and both mom anddaughter immediately saw results. In 24 hours, the symptoms of itch, redness and swelling subsided. Cheska is happy to share that sleepless night because of eczema is now a thing of the past.




TREATING ECZEMA
.
Elica is a topical steroid that is available over the counter (OTC), which is to say that we can buy it without a prescription. It is specially formulated to help relieve symptoms of mild to moderate eczema, psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.

It helps stop the itching, takes out the redness, and eases the swelling to help bring back smooth, healthy skin.
Elica is a staple in our medicine cabinet. I use it whenever the itching starts becoming uncontrollable. Naturally, my first instinct is to reach for a natural/homeopathic treatment, but there are times that going the natural route can't just do it. I always reach for Elica, and I am guaranteed that the scratching and the redness goes away in a day or two.

There was this one time, when I decided to not put any treatment to a skin itch, other than lotion. My daughter kept on scratching that the wound became infected, and our pedia-derma had to prescribe a stronger steroidal medicine and anti-biotic fro her skin to celar-up. I have learned my lesson the hard way.

As with any medicine, if symptoms persist, consult your doctor. Use with caution in children and pregnant women. Do not use for more than 2 weeks. Visit http://www.treateczema.ph/ for more information.


To know more about Elica


FOLLOW ME!   






No comments :

Post a Comment