Thursday, June 9, 2016

TPM Baon Diaries: 5 Easy Tips for Packing Lunch Baon That Your Kids Will Love

My Li'l Man started school already this week, and my girls will follow next week.

For the past few weeks, we have been spending a lot of time getting things organized to go back to school. School uniforms bought, school supplies replenished, and we have been shopping for new backpacks and lunch bags.

It's a bittersweet time. Although we are sad that summer will soon end, we’re also excited to start a new school year with new goals and adventures.

For me, back to school always means back to baon prepping.  If you follow me on Instagram, you will see me posts about the baon I prepare for my kids.




Packing lunches that will nourish my kids bodies is a big deal for me. I want them to eat healthy and at the same time I want to make sure that they like what they’re eating.

My kids have never wanted to eat lunch in the school cafeteria. They hate waiting in line, and they have always preferred my cooking over what is being served in the cafeteria.

I have been preparing lunch baon since my oldest was in first grade, so that would mean that I have been in the baon-prepping business for over a decade already. If you take out the nasty fact that baon prepping involves waking up so early, it's not really so bad.

It could actually be an easy task if you set up a process for it. I have a few tips on what worked for me, hopefully it will help you out as well.



Phenomenal Tips for A Better And Faster
Baon Preparation:

1. Make sure you've got a well-stocked pantry. 

A well-stocked pantry full of healthy items is one of the sure ways to prepare quick healthy meals. The quality of the baon is going to get better and the time you need to prepare is going to be less.



2. Get things ready ahead of time


I try to prepare ahead of time. It really cuts down on the baon-prepping time in the morning. I ussually have them bring rice, but there are days that my oldest just wants to eat salad.

I pre-wash salad greens and keep them in the ref until needed.  I give tips on how to keep salad greens fresh longer here. I usually put the greens in the containers the night before and simply add dressing the next day. Packing for three is time-consuming, and I need to find ways on how to make the entire baon-prepping process easier and faster in the morning.




One more tip I can share is to buy meat in bulk and marinate them right away before you store in the freezer. The frozen meats can simple be placed int the ref the night before to defrost.




3. Make big batches 

While I am at it cooking, I might as well make enough food to lasts my family several meals. Leftovers are always good, especially if I know that I have to stay out late for a dinner party and will have a difficult time waking up early the next day.



4. Have a designated area in your kitchen where you keep all your lunch making supplies. 

Our baon essentials are placed in one cabinet in the kitchen. There is a place for everything, and no time is wasted searching for a lost lid or misplaced container.  When I'm ready to pack the baon, all of the containers are right where they are expected to be.



5. Invest in the right containers 

My primary consideration when choosing lunch containers is that it is able to keep my kids' food hot until lunch time.  There's nothing more pitiful and unappetizing than eating cold rice and ulam, di ba?

In the 10 years that I've been a baon-prepping mama, I've tried a LOT of different lunch containers and lunch packing strategies. The best for me is Bubee Lunch Jars. I wrote about why it is the best baonan for me here: http://thephenomenalmama.blogspot.com/2016/04/tpm-baon-diaries-finding-best-lunchbox.html

I have extra of these containers on hand, and am selling them. You may send me an email at phenomenalmama16@gmail.com or you can DM me in IG or FBC.


Aside from using Bubee Lunch Jars, I also love the insulated lunch bags that I bought from Lily and Tucker. I love that they are multi-function, and can be used as a backpack or a sling bag. As a bonus, my kids love the trendy prints and are not embarrassed to walk with them around school.


There you go! These tips have made packing baon a breeze in my home. It always makes me fulfilled to know that my kids are happy with the food I give them.


#TPMxLilyandTuckerPH

Lily and Tucker is a home-grown brand which offers a unique selection of functional and trendy bags for the kids with modern designs. Its product line includes school trolleys, backpacks, insulated lunch bags and small sling bags.

Lily and Tucker is available in selected SM department stores nationwide. Branches include SM Megamall, Makati, MOA, Fairview, North Edsa, Southmall, Bacoor, Sta. Rosa, Pampanga, Cebu and Iloilo. For online shoppers, they are also available in Lazada, Zalora, Cudsly, Tots N Toddlers among others. You can also directly order from them through their website.

Luckily for all of us, Lily and Tucker is throwing a raffle for 4 of my readers!!!  I am so excited for all of you.  If it's even possible to join my own contest, I would!  Just look at what the lucky winners can win!






All you need to do is to follow the simple mechanics:

1. Follow The Phenomenal Mama on FacebookInstagram and Twitter
2. Follow Lily and Tucker on Facebook and Instagram
3. Just repost any of the promo photos you want to win in Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
4. Copy and paste this caption: "@LilyandTuckerPH makes my kids excited to go back to school! Have you seen their newest collection, @friend1 and @freind2?  #TPMxLilyandTuckerPH  @thephenomenalmama"
4. Posting on ALL Facebook, Instagram and Twitter earn you more entries. Your FB post / IG and Twitter account has to be ON PUBLIC MODE for the duration of the contest so I can see your post.
5. You can send in multiple entries, but you can only win once!  So go ahead and post all 4 sets!!!
6. Leave a comment in this blogpost stating your email address, IG user handle and FB username so I can contact you in case you win. PLEASE DO NOT OMIT THIS STEP.


Terms & Conditions:
1. Winners will be picked at random.
2. Giveaway will run from June 9, 2016 to June 30, 2016, midnight.
3. Three (3) winners will be chosen after the contest ends, and will be notified via email.
Winners should reply to email within one week from notification date. If no reply, another winner will be drawn.It is open to MetroManila residents only.
4. The Phenomenal Mama will announce the winners, Lily andTucker will ship the prizes.
5. Winners can only win once, but can send multiple entries 



CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Joa Catarroja
Gaiyle Irigan-Ojales
Mira Herrera-Sumpayco
Leanne Joy Pacheco

Please check you email inbox and reply asap.





To know more about Lily and Tucker
FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment