Monday, April 11, 2016

TPM Baon Diaries: Finding the Best Lunchbox For My Kids

If you google "#TPMbaondiaries" you will be brought to my instagram page and you will find photos of all my baon postings. Although I don't always remember to take photos of everything that I pack, but what you see is basically a rotation of the food that I usually prepare for my kids' baon.



I love packing healthy lunches for my family. I think packing nourishing + delicious food is a big step to making sure that we are living a healthy lifestyle. It's also important for me that the food I prepare are not too complicated to prepare in the morning because I don't want to wake up too early. It has to be still hot by the time they eat it and delicious so that my kids will actually eat and finish, otherwise it's a waste of my time, money and effort.


I've been packing school lunches for close to a decade now - I started when my oldest was 7 and just started grade school. And now, she's about to enter senior high.  In that time, I've tried a LOT of different lunch containers and lunch packing strategies. There are a lot of good lunch containers out there, and I definitely tried many of them.

There are many factors to consider when determining what lunch container to use. For our needs and the way I like to pack lunch, my favorite lunch containers, by far, are Bubee Lunch Jars. They just work for us. 

One set of Bubee Lunch Jar includes two jars and a carrying pouch. 
It is made of thick, food-grade stainless steel which is double layered. 
It keeps cold foods cold and hot foods hot for up to 5 hours. 



Wondering what lunch box food storage containers are the best for sending to school with your kids?
Does it leak? Can it keep food hot? Will it break? Is it safe? How long will it last? 


Reasons Why I Love Bubee Lunch Jars:

I'd like to tell you more about my favorite containers, and why I love them. I realized that I've used them for several years already, but I've never actually shared why I think they're so great. So it's about time.

1. They are really versatile. They keep hot food hot, and cold food cold... for hours.
Being able to make sure that my kids can eat their lunch still hot is essential to my choice of lunch container. There's nothing more unappetizing than eating cold rice and ulam, di ba? Their lunch gets packed around 6 am, and by the time they eat it at noon, it is still warm.

I can let them bring beef stew or pork belly without having to worry that "sebo" will form because the food is still warm by lunch.

The manual says you can pre-heat the container by pouring very hot water into the lunch jar and letting it stay for about 5-10 minutes. Then pour out the water and simply put in the hot meal, and quickly cover it. I skip this step, and my kids' meal still turn out warm by lunch time.
I also use the Bubee Lunch Jars for cold foods like yogurt, guilt-free banana cream pie, and the likes


For cold foods, the manual recommends pre-chilling by simply flash freezing the container by putting it inside the freezer for 10 minutes before adding cold contents.



2. They are durable.
My lunch jars are a several years old ( a decade - give or take) and are still in perfect shape, despite having been dropped, dumped and bounced around numerous times by my kids. Parang bullet-proof lang.





3. They are safe.
These containers are made of premium 18/8 stainless steel, and the food storage jar's lid and plastic base and lid cover are BPA-free, phthalates-free, PVC-free and lead-free.

With the recent concern about BPA, nothing comes into contact with plastic with these containers because the inner lid is also made of stainless steel.



4. They are easy to clean.
 As an added bonus, they are also very easy to clean, none whatsoever of the greasiness even with just one washing kase nga stainless steel..:)

Since they are made with stainless steel, they haven't stained and they haven't gotten a funky smell like plastics are prone to.


5. They are leak-proof, vacuum-insulated, double-walled.
The containers are double-layered so they remain cool to the touch even when filled with hot foods, and moisture-free when filled with cold foods. The container is vacuum -insulated and double layered to keep the temperature longer.

The food-grade silicone sleeve on the lids protects against leaks and spills so there is no concern over spilled sauces or liquids.

The upfront cost might seem high, but I've been using mine for a decade already so the containers have already paid for itself. PLUS, there's comfort in knowing that my kids are enjoying a hot, nutritious and delicious lunch everyday. And if you factor in that these stainless steel lunch containers have no harmful plastic whatsoever touching the food, it's just a WINNER in the true sense of the word.

The good news is: I have stocks on hand!! Please PM me on FaceBook or Iinstagram.   





FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment