Friday, September 14, 2018

Weekend Footnotes: Manam + Papa Kim + The Grid + Gringo

It's been quite a while since I shared where we ate for the weekend, so expect a photo heavy post as I play catch up. We've tried quite a few new restos and I want to share them all with you


Manam
This has been around for quite some time na, but it has a newly opened branch in our side of Manila, so we gave it a try a few weeks back. Expect a long queue during peak hours so it's best to arrive early to get a table as we are talking about waiting hours to get a table during lunch.




 Crunchy Salt and Pepper Squid Rings (P280)

 Lumpiang Bicol Express (P130)

Sinigang na Beef Short Rib and Watermelon (P755)

Crispy Pata with Garlic Chili Bits (P980) 

 Crispy Pancit Palabok (P385)

Grilled Tiger Prawns Topped with Homemade Aligue Sauce (P945)

Turon of Mango and Kesong Puti with Ice Cream (P150)


Manam
Ground Floor, O Square Building 2, Greenhills Shopping Center, Greenhills, San Juan City
https://www.facebook.com/ManamPH/
https://www.instagram.com/manamph/?hl=en


Gringo
Nacho Grande P265

 We ordered 4 pieces of the Latin Salpicao Street Tacos (P105 each)

 Full Rack Gringo Baby Back Ribs P745

Gringo Southern Spice Chicken (P375 for half order)


Gringo Chicken & Ribs
O Square 2 Building, Ortigas Ave cor Wilson, Greenhills, San Juan
https://www.facebook.com/gringochickenribs/
https://www.instagram.com/gringoph/?hl=en



The Grid Food Market in Power Plant Mall


One of the reasons why we made the trek to Rockwell one weekend was to try The Grid Food Market. We wanted to try the Lobster Roll from Bun Appetit, the porchetta from Le Chon and the soft tacos from La Chinesca.


My husband and I ordered one roll each. Generous servings of lobster on top of wonderfully buttered bread. K lang for the almost P700ish per sandwich. It won''t make me forget my name but it's not bad either. I mean, I've tasted better. 




My daughter wanted ramen and my son wanted chicken karaage.

My husband's order from La Chinesca



food orders from Le Chon: lechon porchetta nd angus belly

The Grid
R2 Level Expansion, Power Plant Mall, Makati
Facebook: The Grid Food Market
Instagram: @thegridfoodmarketph



Papa Kim's Korean Bakery and Coffee
There was this time during one of the long weekends in August that I found myself enjoying the long break too much and was lazy to cook dinner, so I convinced the rest of the family to go with me to Tomas Morato to eat at one of the bakery/cafes in the area that I wanted to try out.

Papa Kim's Bakery and Coffee is a cozy and unassuming cafe in the middle of the busy Morato dining area. Perfect for quick family meals where we can have an actual conversation going over dinner.

 Chicken Pesto Pasta (P255)

 Korean Spicy Chicken (P180)
This is our fave order from Papa Kim's and my son actually had 2 servings.

 Beef Bulgogi (P220)

Cakes are also available, and I wanted to try this one but everyone else in the family wanted to order bingsu. I'm on a ow-sugar diet and I couldn't finish one slice so I just skipped dessert.

 Crazy Oreo Bingsu (P110)

 Choco Banana Bingsu (P110)


Heaven-sent for this baon-prepping mama, all one-day old breads are on 50% discount so I bought soem for the kids' baon. 

I just stored them in the freezer and they were still good for the next 2 days.
The cream cheese bread is really good and I would go back for it next time as the kids love it as well.


Papa Kim’s Korean Bakery & Coffee
264 Tomas Morato Avenue, Sct. Fernandez St.
Bgy. Sacred Heart, Quezon City
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/papakimsph/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/papakimsph/






To know more about : Webpage | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment