Friday, June 28, 2013

Mommy Mundo SoMoms


Last June 15, I was formally welcomed into the Mommy Mundo SoMoms family. Here I am with the gorgeous Michelle of My Mom-Friday. She is the one who nominated me to the group; and you can see my excitement as I hold up my ID and smile widely up to my ears.
 



The Mommy Mundo SoMoms is a collective of moms who are active on social media and have unique voices and points of view. Each one of us have varied advocacies covering a wide range of concerns that modern moms have, such as breastfeeding, attachment parenting, mompreneurship, home management, beauty and fashion, health, and more. But the fun part comes in when we share the things we are passionate about with other moms through our active presence in social media.

Although I have met a few of the other members during past blogger events, this was the first time where we all got together as a group to talk about the exciting times up ahead for the SoMoms as we launched a new campaign to be better versions of ourselves, #BetterMe.

This event was held at the Winebar in El Pueblo, Ortigas. The Winebar sits on top of Chateau 1771, and if you are the same age as me, you will know this as the site of the old SideBar. The Winebar served us a brunch buffet that was soo good!


Fresh Garden Salad

Vegetable Fritata

Salmon Lasagna, my fave among all the dishes!

Chicken Piccata with Lemon Butter Sauce

Desserts: Peanut Hazelnut Cake, Assorted Macarons, Bacon & Rosemary Mini Muffin
Apart from introducing ourselves and our blogs to all the members, and partaking of this delectable brunch buffet spread, we were also lucky to be a part of a private bazaar/mom-expo where the products of all the mompreneurs in the group can be bought  at a discount!

 Here's the SoMoms group shot, with the lone daddy.


Thankful that I am in the good company of like-minded moms (and dad) in my journey to a #BetterMe.

6 comments :

  1. Yey! Welcome to SoMoms!
    Funny I just posted our photo in my post today, not knowing you'll feature this today also! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being part of a wonderful group! It's always nice to be in the company of like-minded, goal-oriented women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! I feel so honored to be a part of this group, and excited to get to know the other moms better!

      Delete
  3. Naalala ko ang Side Bar hahaha Hangout yan lol

    xoxo
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. naku, Michelle, napaghahalata ang mga edad natin! hahaha!:)

      Delete