Thursday, November 29, 2012

Wishful Thinking: {Wardrobe} Swim Mom Uniform

Sports has always been a part of my kids lives, especially for my eldest, JAlthough the level of intensity was not so heavy back then when she was younger.  We initially started with soccer camp during summer, and then moved to once a week soccer lessons, and this increased to twice a week of soccer training when she played for her school team.  This was long before the Azkals were formed and the Younghusbands entered the local football scene.  While playing for the school soccer team, she decided she also wanted to swim, so she mixed swimming training on alternate days when she doesn't train for soccer.  

Those days are long gone, as she has already made up her mind that swimming is THE sport for her.  She has gone a long way since she started 3 years ago, competing at the D-League (developmental) level, moving up to class A category, and finally, qualifying for the Batang Pinoy National Championship this December. 

She has always made me proud of her simple achievements in the pool, each hard-earned medal made more significant because she was able to successfully combine academic excellence while being a student leader and a competitive swimmer.  Although she has a million more laps to swim as far as swimming internationally is concerned, I am hoping she gets there... eventually. 

... Otherwise, how can I channel my inner Victoria Beckham while cheering for her during competitions? Hahaha!
Source

Being a swim-parent means being in charge of logistics, food provisions, motivation, etc.  I am always there with my kids every training, 6 days a week. Oftentimes I am multi-tasking as I wait by the pool deck, trying to meet the needs of each of my three kids.  And because of that, I thought to myself that I deserve a new wardrobe... even if it's just wishful thinking. :) 

I love Breton shirts, and pairing them with Converse all-stars low-cut is a great way to being a chic sporty mom.
source
Don't fancy red? Blue and green is a great sporty fashion combi, too.

And this fashion template shows us all that pink doesn't have to be always prim and proper.



Gray and white looks crisp and clean.  Perfect for those all-day swim meets.  Just ditch the hoop earrings.


And if you want to stand out in the crowd, making it easier for your kids to spot you in the hundreds of spectators, wear something bright like this yellow tank.


What about you?  What is your daily uniform like?


Thanks for reading "Our Phenomenal Life." If you subscribe to the blog via RSS feed or via email, you'll get new posts sent straight to you, for free!  Like this post? Subscribe here.

1 comment :

  1. My uniform? Anything that is washed! Hahahaha! Seriously, with 3 smalls kids all under the age of 5, black leggings, a simple tee or loose top (Bretons are my faves too), and comfy shoes that that I can run with (like Tom's in spring-summer or Uggs in fall-winter). I only get to "dress up" during the weekends. Even then, my clothes always end up with some kind of stain, spit, dust, etc...so sometimes i feel like "why even bother?" Hehehe. I know, SAD...Everyone tells me it gets better when they're a bit older...I pray they are right :) , even though I know it's a whole slew of different issues to deal with...So for me, I just take it one wardrobe at a time...LOL!

    ReplyDelete