Tuesday, May 21, 2013

7 Layer Dip Roll-Ups

 
One of the things I couldn't escape from this summer, aside from the heat, is my kids' big appetite. They are in the house a lot, and so it would seem that I am always in the kitchen cooking up a storm. I find that it takes up a lot of my time just to feed them; so whenever I can, I try to make a huge batch of something, and keep a good deal of second servings in the fridge. Whenever they are hungry again, like maybe after two hours (I kid you not!), they could just grab one roll and eat!:)

One of my favorite recipes to do whenever I go this big batch route is the 7-Layer Dip Roll-Ups. It keeps well in the fridge for upto 2 days, and it can be eaten cold which works really well for busy moms like me. Tee-hee-hee!


From what the name suggest, it should be made up of 7 ingredients to make up the layers, but I like to keep mine extra busy so the more the merrier works for me.:)
7-Layer Dip Roll-Ups
500 grams ground beef
one pack of Taco mix (I use Mc Cormick)
one head of lettuce, shredded
1 can refried beans
3-4 cups shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
1 container sour cream
1 cup guacamole (if I am out of time I just put in sliced avocados drizzled with calamansi and salt)
1 can diced tomatoes, drained of juices
a few tablespoons of black olives, chopped
1/2 cup chopped green pepper

1. In a large skillet, brown ground beef, and add taco mix. set aside to cool to room temperature.

2. Spread the ground beef into the bottom of a 9x13 inch serving tray.  
3.  Layer in no particular order: beans, sour cream,guacamole/sliced avocados, diced tomatoes, olives, green pepper
 
 
4. Sprinkle with a generous topping of cheese. And enjoy!

You can serve this dish immediately with nacho chips, like how the Phenomenal Papa likes it; or refrigerate it over night and serve cold like a salad. If you are making this as a roll-up, spread a thin layer of the 7-layer mixture onto each tortilla. Roll up each tortilla, and wrap with aluminum foil to keep the rolls tucked in.  Keeps in the fridge for upto 2 days.



Makes for easy grab and go snacks for the kids to eat in the car when we are in a hurry, too!



Thanks for reading "Our Phenomenal Life." If you subscribe to the blog via RSS feed or via email, you'll get new posts sent straight to you, for free!  Like this post? Subscribe here.

1 comment :

  1. I like this!!! But as I've said time and again... ako lang nakaka-appreciate ng ganitong food! Sometimes J craves for Mexican, but very rare!
    Great idea for baon and dip!

    By the way, nice new look and blog name! ;) I've been wanting to do a blog make-over for a year na, but can't find the time yet.

    ReplyDelete