Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Weekend Footnotes

I was invited to an 80th birthday celebration last weekend.  My friend and his siblings wanted to celebrate the birthday of their mom, and they did so in a grand way!  The Grand Ballroom of Makati Shangri-la was transformed into an enchanted garden.  To keep everyone entertained, the family members presented special song numbers for their ah-ma.  The evening was perfect as the food and company was great!  I wasn't able to take photos of the food, except for my soup bowl, because I was catching up with friends seated on our table.  This chicken broth with bamboo pith, mushroom, asparagus and sliced chicken was so good.  This is one of my favorite soup when we eat at Chinese restaurants.  
Look at the photo above, on the lower right ^^^ guests who were wearing red took home "angpaos."  Yay! Hahaha!  And for the 8 lucky winners of the games, they took home electronic gadgets such as Samsung tablets and Samsung LED TV!  Bongga noh?



My date for the night is my "almost" grown-up daughter, who is just my height when I am wearing heels!

Apart from the great company in my table, what was even greater was the we are all beside the carving station... US rib-eye roast.:)

On Sunday, the message was all about waiting on the Lord.  As you can see from the diagram below, waiting for God's best means letting go and letting God.  In each step of the way, not one step involves an intervention from us, except for our prayers.  Click here if you want to hear the worship service because Pastor Peter explains it like no one else can.

We had Sunday lunch at the Osaka Ohsho at the 3rd floor of the SM Megamall Fashion Hall.
We were able to get seats right away, but people who came 10 minutes after had to wait in line to get seats already.  The 2 younger kids love gyozas, so obviously we had to order a big tray of that! They ordered the plain gyoza and the cheese for vairiety.  But everyone in the family was in consensus taht the plain one tasted better.  The filling is so tasty and juicy.  The gyoza was seared on one side, which is how we like our gyozas.
While I had the Salmon set, which also came with 3 pieces of gyoza.

J had this chicken set

While C ordered this udon and crab cream croquette.
Crab cream croquettes
Everyone loved the mango yakult!
The food was good, but the service could be better.  All the set meals came with unlimited rice, but our second serving of rice came after 30 minutes, despite repeated follow-ups.  Nakakabitin!  When the rice bowls finally came, no one was interested in eating anymore.  Hopefully, next time around, they should be more prepared for the Sunday lunch crowd and have enough rice to go around.  Offering unlimited rice in the set meals, and not having any to offer once the customer asks for a second bowl makes for a disappointed customer.

Did you try Osaka Ohsho already?  How was your experience?

FOLLOW ME!   

2 comments :

  1. Ang bongga nga ng party ha! Swerte may ang pao ka, hehehe... J is so tall na!
    I believe in praying for God's best talaga...worked for me a few times in the past, and so I still continue to ask for signs. :)
    Ang lastly, I am so behind trying new restos, and this is one that I really wanted to try coz I am a gyoza fan too! Hopefully better service when I get to try them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your red dress may power rawr! hahaha Naku, we didn't enjoy Osaka Ohsho that much either. Pag weekday lunch wala mashadong tao dyan so mas okay to go there kesa weekend.

    xoxo
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete