Thursday, July 31, 2014

Spinach Quiche Muffins


We ate out too much sometime during one weekend the past few month that when I opened my crisper that day, there was an abundance of vegetables that were in danger of rotting if not cooked immediately.  I had broccoli, spinach, asparagus - all bought from the organic market.  Too expensive to throw out.


Plus, at that time, school opening was also looming.  I was thinking of ways to lessen my time in the kitchen AND finish off all the organic veggies.  Quiche Muffins to the rescue!  Breakfast on the go and merienda, too!

Quiche are really easy to make, inspite of it having an intimidating name.  You just dump everything! It is so hard to make a mistake with this one

Crustless Spinach Quiche Muffins

Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 cup heavy cream (you can also substitute non-fat milk.  I've also tried half cream and half greek yogurt)
1 pack of Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus (or 2 cups of  a combo of your favorites cheese)
Salt/Pepper to taste

Optional Ingredients:
Broccoli (cook until soft, but not soggy);
Asparagus,
Spinach (be sure to drain well if using frozen spinach)
Various other seasonings and spices to taste

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease muffin pans liberally with oil, or you won't be able to take them out after baking. Alternatively, you can also just line the pans with liners like a cupcake.
3. Beat eggs
4. Mix in heavy cream and seasonings
5. Add cheese and veggies to the mixture
6. Fill only 3/4 full as the quiche will rise as they bake
7. Bake upto 30-35 minutes or until nicely browned.

AND because I know that the quiche muffins will not be enough for my kids, I need to add something filling like quinoa salad to make the merienda more hearty, but healthy.

The recipe makes a big batch, which is perfect for my family; but if your family has a smaller appetite, you can keep the leftovers in the fridge for a quick bite on days where you've no time to make merienda or breakfast for the kids and husband.

FOLLOW ME!   

6 comments :

  1. OMG!! This looks so delish!!! I'll ask my mom to try this recipe too. hihihi.. she loves to cook kase. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it sound so easy! Adopt me please! My hands are full right now huhu

    xoxo
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this looks tasty and healthy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Bookmarking, so I can try it one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks tempting! Now I have all the more reason to entice hubby to buy an oven. That should be part of his house renovation project which he just recently started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love making mini quiche!
    I will try putting different veggies in next time.
    Have you tried putting in some quinoa?

    ReplyDelete