Monday, August 11, 2014

Weekend Footnotes: Duck & Buvette

Buvettes are French neighborhood eateries where people meet for casual food and drink any time of day. This is the inspiration for D&B Duck and Buvette, the newly opened French-inspired eatery located where the old Cafe Provencal used to be. The owners remain the same, and just decided to breathe new life into the old place.

The place just recently opened, and I have been there twice already.  The first time was a few Sundays ago for our family lunch, and the second time was just last Friday to take B for a lunch date as a reward for finishing her quarterly exams without giving me any problems.  We ate there with a couple of my mommy friends, as well.

The star of their menu is the D&B Crispy Half Duck Confit, a steal at PHP 980, as it is big enough to be shared by 2-3 persons.  The skin is dangerously crispy, and the meat is intensely flavorful and melt-in-your-mouth tender.  This is a must-order when you visit!

The 50 Clove HDP Chicken is an Herbs de Provence roasted half chicken stuffed with 50 cloves of garlic and lemon roasted veggies. My kids found it to be very tender, but we all agree that we hardly tasted any garlic at all. 

The Goat Cheese Ravioli is made with fresh ravioli ad goat cheese.  it is served with baby vegetables with a choice of lemon garlic sage sauce (shown below) or tomato basil sauce.

The 8-hour Angus Beef Briskets is served with roast garlic potato mash and roasted mushroom sauce.  Everyone loved this, and the kids asked if I could recreate this at home.  Parang short order cook lang ako sa buhay nila.:)

The Confit of Pork Belly with Egg and Rice is crisped in duck fat making it so flavorful.  The Li'l Man loved this so much that i think I heard him talking to himself that he will order this next time we visit.

On the left is Pan-Seared Hake with Three Grains Risotto.  I love this, and I would order this again when I am in the mood for something light.

Coffee is by Intelligentsia Coffee.

They have a coffee menu, and you should ask your waiter for recommendations.  I am not really a coffee drinker so I will reserve posting any comments or suggestions.:)

We had Earl's Cheesecake to share.

And B had the Creme Brulee all to herself!

This will surely be one of our favorite restaurants to visit whenever we are at Shangri-la Plaza Mall.  There are so many things on the menu that we want to try.  We will be back soon!

Here is their menu:

Duck and Buvette, Casual French and Bakery
2/F Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Main Wing,
1650 Mandaluyong, Philippines
(02) 631 0675 / (63) 917 932 4843
https://www.facebook.com/duckbuvette


FOLLOW ME!
  

3 comments :

  1. I am salivating while reading this entry ; p I want to go to Shangri-La Mall this week just to dine at D&B. I will tell DH and show all your photos para pampagana lol

    xoxo
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the restos that is in my checklist at Edsa Shang. Now I get additional ideas what to order. Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try!!! I liked the food from Cafe Provencal, and based on your feedback for this new resto, I think I will enjoy their dishes too! That abgus brisket and duck confit looks so good!

    ReplyDelete