Friday, October 10, 2014

Spinach Mushroom Dip Recipe

I am lucky that my kids are not picky eaters.  They eat almost everything. But even if I do not have any problems feeding them, I still want to make sure that they enjoy eating the food that I serve them.  One of the things that I seldom make for them is Spinach and Mushroom Dip.  I like making a big batch of this because I find it so versatile in the kitchen. 

When I make one batch, it usually lasts for about a week, and I serve it as a vegetable dip, a spread on toast, and even as a filling for chicken breast. 

Its versatility is as much loved as its ease of preparation. It's an extremely easy recipe - just combine and bake, and could easily be made ahead of time and placed into the oven just before you need it.

Spinach Mushroom Dip
*you can also just substitute the mushroom with artichoke to make Spinach & Artichoke Dip

1 cup thawed, chopped cooked spinach spinach, with the water squeezed out
11/2 cups chopped fresh white button mushroom, sauteed and cooled
1 bar (8 ounces) cream cheese
1/4 cup yogurt
1/4 cup mayo
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside half of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. In a large bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients, except the the red pepper flakes. Spoon mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle top with remaining cheeses. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.

Let cool.  Store in refrigerator, covered for about a week.

*I use my Lock & Lock Boroseal oven-proof container because it also comes with a cover.  It goes from the oven to the refrigerator, and vice versa.

FOLLOW ME!   
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...