Friday, October 10, 2014

Spinach Mushroom Dip Recipe

I am lucky that my kids are not picky eaters.  They eat almost everything. But even if I do not have any problems feeding them, I still want to make sure that they enjoy eating the food that I serve them.  One of the things that I seldom make for them is Spinach and Mushroom Dip.  I like making a big batch of this because I find it so versatile in the kitchen. 

When I make one batch, it usually lasts for about a week, and I serve it as a vegetable dip, a spread on toast, and even as a filling for chicken breast. 

Its versatility is as much loved as its ease of preparation. It's an extremely easy recipe - just combine and bake, and could easily be made ahead of time and placed into the oven just before you need it.

Spinach Mushroom Dip
*you can also just substitute the mushroom with artichoke to make Spinach & Artichoke Dip

1 cup thawed, chopped cooked spinach spinach, with the water squeezed out
11/2 cups chopped fresh white button mushroom, sauteed and cooled
1 bar (8 ounces) cream cheese
1/4 cup yogurt
1/4 cup mayo
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside half of mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. In a large bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients, except the the red pepper flakes. Spoon mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle top with remaining cheeses. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.

Let cool.  Store in refrigerator, covered for about a week.

*I use my Lock & Lock Boroseal oven-proof container because it also comes with a cover.  It goes from the oven to the refrigerator, and vice versa.

FOLLOW ME!   

2 comments :

  1. I want thi! Will bookmark? In my case, it's sad I'd be the only who will appreciate this, but will ask my kids to try it since it's made with cheese, and they love cheese! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...dami typo! I mean... "I want this! Will bookmark!" :D

    ReplyDelete