Tuesday, November 11, 2014

{Weekend Footnotes} Rita's Italian Ice + Ramen Nagi

I realized that it's been sometime since I last made a Weekend Footnotes post, but that doesn't mean that we haven't been busy eating a lot.  Most often, we are too busy enjoying the moment that I forget to capture them in picture. 

Last weekend was busy - as always!  I think having three kids is already synonymous with a full schedule. We were invited to taste-test everything at Rita's Italian Ice.  The famous Rita's Italian Ice from the US is now in Manila! They opened their first store in the whole of Asia at VMall Greenhills last November 8, 2014. You  can now get your frozen custard and blendinis as often as you want!!! Yay!
Anyway, my friend Didi invited me and my three kids to try out Rita's Italian Ice a day before its soft opening. The owners are relatives of hers and she was asked to bring in kids, kids, and lots more kids! It was a taste-anything-and-everything kind of invitation, so naturally my kids won't say no to that!!!
My B ordered this frozen custard sandwiched between giant Oreo cookies. This one is about the size of a siopao, and is reasonably priced at just P70.

Their frozen custard is so thick and creamy!  Look!  Frozen na frozen pa din!:)
Here's the full menu of the store:

Italian Ice. This is their signature classic, and it is similar to a snow cone, except that it's much smoother and made with real fruit.

Cream Ice. “Cream Ice” is actually “Ice Cream” backwards. That’s because it’s more creamy than it is icy. It has a smooth, silky texture and full of indulgent flavor.

Frozen Custard. This is a very rich and dense dessert similar to ice cream, but made with eggs in addition to cream and sugar. The egg yolk gives frozen custard a thick, creamy texture and a smoother consistency than ice cream. You can have it in a cup or cone. Add some sprinkles, hot fudge or caramel toppings.

Gelati. A layering of Italian Ice and creamy Frozen Custard

Blendini. Choose your favorite Italian Ice, or Frozen Custard, then mix-in your own topping.
 
 
Rita’s Custard Cookie Sandwiches made with OREO.  This one is not on the menu board, but it is part of their regular offering.  It is Made with Rita’s famous Old-Fashioned Frozen Custard sandwiched between two delicious OREO Cookie Wafers. Then, if you want some more indulgence, add chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles on the side. Which we did!

With about 20 toppings to choose from, there’s no stopping you from creating your custom mix of dessert paradise.  Add them to a Sundae, or mix them into a Blendini!
 
 
This will surely be one of your favorite stops when we find ourselves in Greenhills from now on!

Rita's Italian Ice
Vmall, Greenhills Shopping Center
(right beside Watson's)
~ * * * ~

The kids had a swim meet last Saturday, and I always look forward to watching them compete. I just hate that I have to wake up so early for it. Imagine waking up at 5:30 in the morning on a Saturday... and coming home at 7:30 at night. It's always so tiring, but I love cheering for my kids!
#GoldMedal #Breaststroke
I am happy that R is doing well in his swim and is constantly improving.  But more importantly, I have noticed how being in a sport has improved his attitude towards his studies and how it is shaping him in the area of his self-discipline.


















~ * * * ~

Paul Tanchi shared a wonderful message last Sunday about how to Please God in All Things. We often think that pleasing God entails doing mission work or doing things on a grand scale, but the best place for us to please God is to stay exactly where we are and continue on doing our work being the best we can be, and giving our best effort.  
{via}

There are a few times in the past when I felt that what I do at home can be tiring and repetitive- cooking, tutoring, running errands. I felt like it was a vicious cycle on non-stop repeat! I am sure a lot of full-time home-makers share this feeling with me. But now that I have a different viewpoint, I consider my current work as a full time housewife to be sacred because managing my home and raising my kids have become my ministry.  Taking care of my family is my way of pleasing God, so I give and do my best to please Him. Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. (Collosians 3:23)

I do encourage you to listen to Paul's entire message, which you can do if you just click on this: http://www.ccf.org.ph/videos/view/please-god-in-everything#.VGBF2NyM2So

{via}


~ * * * ~

We tried Ramen Nagi for the first time last Sunday.  Long queues are usually a turn off for C who doesn't want to stand in line that long.  But since we found ourselves in Robinson's Magnolia and there wasn't any line yet when we got there, we took it as a sign that we should definitely go in.:)

Ramen Nagi serves four kinds of ramen: the Butao King (original tonkotsu broth), Black King (squid ink, garlic), Red King (spicy) and Green King (basil and cheese). We tried out everything except for the Black King. 

C ordered the Red King.  They were not kidding when they said it is spicy! C found it good, but the spiciness was too much for his comfort level that he suffered from heartburn for 2 days. You can personalize your order, but he went with the Chef's recommendation.


J ordered the Butao King.  She loves ramen as much as her dad, but she still considers Ippudo as the best.

M gourmand, B, ordered the Green King.  She's always the one with the adventurous taste buds, so naturally she got drawn to this novel way of eating ramen with basil and cheese.  Despite looking rather off, she swears it was soo good.


My son and I are not really so much into ramen.  We need rice for our carbo fix, and my son could eat rice like there was no tomorrow. So between the two of us, we ordered Chicken karaage...

...spring rolls

...and three orders of gyoza. One order comes with 5 dumplings.  The presentation was excellent since it came in a sizzling plate, and we could actually hear it sizzle, but my son said he prefers the gyozas of Osaka Osho better.

Overall, we had a good lunch at Ramen Nagi. Food was served fast, and quality was good.


Ramen Nagi
SM Aura 8286793 | MOA 5502394 | SM North 3740503 |
Robinsons Magnolia 4701356 | Robinsons Manila 3535067



FOLLOW ME!   

11 comments :

  1. First time to hear about this ice cream and too bad it is located in NCR again. So for sure, matagal ko na naman matitikman. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Is this true?! Rita's Italian Ice from is now in Manila! I heard so much good review about this place and I want to try it soon. I haven't tried Ramen Nagi but according to my officemate, super sarap daw dito and worth it yung babayaran mo. The gyoza looks so yummy.. Nagutom tuloy ako. huhu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I'm vowed no sweets for the month but OMG, this makes me want to quit. It's lucky Greenhills is far from us.

    Tried the Black King and it's really good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen the Rita's ice cream sign in Greenhills even before it opened. I remember thinking how good it is to have a new dessert place. Must try that next time. :)
    I've heard so much about ramen nagi but till now I haven't tried it yet. Huhu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ramen Nagi and Rita's Italian Ice are definitely must-try. Thank you for sharing. :) And yes it's true, as moms to our children and wives to our husbands, that is already a ministry. Doing and giving our best in everything is already serving the Lord. God bless you, Mommy Tina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kakagutom ang photos! Looking forward to taste Rita's custard cookies. Do they have a branch in Makati? I'm not into Ramen but I'm sure my husband will enjoy the spicy flavors and the black ink! At siyempre, congrats to your son! We hope we can expose our son to sports too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seem to like frozen custard :) and my husband loves ramen (to the spiciest noodle). That's my plan on summer, I will enroll my son swimming lesson, para mas lalo siya maging healthy and bata pa lang ma encourage na sa sports. :) Congratulations R for winning, all your effort has paid off and good job mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been seeing this in IG! We should try, hubby's a big fan of ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!!! My daughter would love the ice cream and the orea looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita's ice cream looks so sweet and delicious. We have to try those when we go to Greenhills!

    ReplyDelete