Thursday, December 17, 2015

Mothers Who Brunch Holiday Potluck Ideas

Christmas is going to be upon us in a week! How are you coping? Thankfully, I'm done with Christmas shopping already; and almost done with distributing my Christmas gifts, the few left under the tree are for the people I will see in the coming days for our scheduled holiday potluck get-together.

One of the things I enjoy most during the holidays is getting together with friends for a potluck party. Each of us bring something special, either a creation from our own kitchen or a scrumptious foodie discovery from a trusted supplier. The first potluck party I attended this year was for the Mothers Who Brunch Holiday Potluck event hosted by Mish Ressa-Aventajado and Sabrina Cristobal-Go during the last week of November. But what makes this potluck party different is that I didn't have to bring anything. Mish & Sab invited some of Manila's best food suppliers to bring in their specialties!




This is my third time to be invited to the Viking Kitchen, and even if it is located all the way in Alabang, I wouldn't want to miss it. Mish and Sab are always such gracious hosts and two of my domestic diva inspirations.


The turkey being roasted in the Viking Range oven.


If you want to know more about my previous Mothers Who Brunch events, you can click here for the first event where we explored the Viking Kitchen, and here for the second event which focused on mobile food photography.

What made this brunch more fun is that I also got to spend time with some of the SoMoms. It's been quite a while since I last saw most of them. It's always a fun treat to be able to spend time with like-minded moms.

Tin Dychiao, Michelle Lim, Melissa Ongsue, ME, Mish Aventajado, Jackie Go, Sab Go and Dara



When I got to the Viking Kitchen, almost everyone was there already. After doing the rounds saying hi and hello to everyone, I quickly settled for a spot near the cheese board. The truffle honey + manchego cheese was just too good a combination; I must've refilled my plate three times... or four... or five, but who's counting!
 Thank you Jay Santos for capturing this candid shot!



Thank you Mish & Sab for adding another recipe booklet to my growing collection of Mothers Who Brunch recipe cards.



I learned a new discovery that day that I am also going to share with all of you. This recent find will make all of our lives so easy! Glad just recently introduced Glad Ovenware. This oven-safe and freezer-ready pan can be used to prepare, bake, store and reheat food. It's the perfect container to bring to all the potluck parties this December because its so affordable that you don’t need to worry about leaving it behind.
Sab and Mish demonstrated how they made this potato dish. They used the Glad Ovenware to bake the potatoes; and when done, used it as serving tray na din.







Nawwty's Kitchen

Trish Panlilio, the beautiful lady behind NawwTy’s Kitchen, prepared the scrumptious spread of food that everyone enjoyed. 

Trish was so hands-on the entire event. She personally prepared everything, and even had the time to go around while we were eating to check on everyone and explain her cooking process.


Here she is, busy in the Viking Kitchen while looking very glamorous in high heels.


NawwTy’s Kitchen has given Trish an outlet where she can share her family’s well loved dishes.


The dishes she served us that day were all so good and deliciously comforting. Every dish she brought out from the kitchen had that special home cooked goodness. It's really the perfect thing to bring to a potluck party if you can't cook, but you want to impress your friends with home cooked perfection.

JalapeƱo Beef Fingers 


Prawn Farfalle Salad




OMG! Can anything be more sinful than this Crab Fat Paella topped with crunchy chicharon?


Apple & Sausage Stuffed Turkey served with Whipped Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Peppered Vegetables, Peach Marmalade and Homemade Thyme Gravy



And because I really can't get over the Crab Fat Paella.....




Trish also prepared a Dulce De Leche flavored Leche Flan. Even if I'm so full already from all the food, I know I had to try this on, too!




Manila Belly



Yes!!! We also had that beautiful pork belly shown above. Sab is the force behind Manila Belly, the home of crispy and flavorful porchetta. I loved it so much that I already ordered a big slab for my family for Christmas Eve dinner. It is my tradition to order food trays for my mains, and just prepare appetizers in my kitchen on Christmas Eve. I don't want to be too tired cooking because I also want to enjoy dinner with my family.





The Flour Girl

No meal is really complete without a dessert bar, right? Right!


The Flour Girl spoiled us all with choices that day. Everything was too beautiful that it was so hard to make that first slice.



This Matcha Green Tea Cake was one of my favorites from the dessert choices. The bitterness of the matcha blended beautifully with the sweetness of the white chocolate.


This triple chocolate cake was another standout... because chocolate!!!


How festive are these gigantic Santa cookie cups? 


The customary group photo. 
I had so much fun these ladies. Although, most of the guests were my freinds already, I still had the pleasure of meeting a few new friends. Some are IG friends already and its so nice to finally meet them in person.



BIG thanks to all the brands who made the event much more fun.



Thank you Mish, Trish and Sab for hosting this lovely holiday brunch! 












FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment