Saturday, September 8, 2018

Amara Lab EO Workshop at Aruga Cafe by Mesclun

I love essential oils and I use them frequently either in my homemade natural cleansers or add them to moisturizing butters. There are also times when I simply want to use them as aromatics. They are often also used for immune support, relaxation and sleep, stress relief, emotional balance, respiratory health and even muscle tension and pain.

For most moms, we'd like to try natural remedies first to cure an ailment before we resort to giving traditional medicine from the drugstore. Our first course of action is to reach for our natural medicine cabinet or even our kitchen, di ba?

When my kids feel the onset of a cold coming, I get one of my immunity rollers and rub at the soles of their feet, then a roller to help them breathe at the pulse points behind their ears and at the back of their necks. Basta, I use them for a lot of things!

So when I got an invite from Mish of ModMomsPH to attend an essential oils workshop hosted by Amara Oils, I knew I had to be there. It's a good thing our family out-of-town trip was canceled leaving me free to attend this.




with Betty of Amara Oils and Mish Of MomMomsPH

Amara Oils is a local retailer of essential oils who source the globe for top grade essential oils in its purest form along with the safest skin care alternatives that are natural and free from toxic ingredients to make sure your family stays healthy and beautiful.

Here are some of the oils they introduced us to during the workshop:


Amphora Aromatics is a UK-based supplier of essential oils since 1984. They carry more than 100+ kinds of pure essential oils with a wide variety of organic carrier oils


Tisserand Aromatherapy is founded by Robert Tisserand, one of the world's leading expert in Aromatherapy


Perfect Potion is an Australian brand founded by Salvatore Battaglia, who is widely recognized for his experience and knowledge in aromatherapy

Florihana is based in Provence, Southeastern France and is 100% certified organic and of food grade quality . They carry more than 100+ Essential Oils and over 25 kinds of Hydrosols

I personally use multiple brands. I especially do not like purchasing from brands that sell via MLM (multi level marketing) because I feel like they spend a significant amount of money on marketing and paying commissions to their uplines. With Amara Oils, there's no need to be a member. You just pay for the oils that you like. Simple and uncomplicated.

There’s always going to be debate as to which company is ‘the best’. I'm not about to start comparing brands here. I believe that each person react to oils differently. So, it’s really up to you but I suggest starting your collection slow and build up gradually as you learn more about it.



Amara Lab Workshop
My friends (Michelle and Pam ) and I were excited for this. It's a nice way to spend time together learning about something.



The information and materials Amara Oils provided helped everyone in the class create our own wellness blends.



Learnings on How to Safely Use Essential Oils
1. Use Appropriate Dosage. 
It's important to start slow. The common mistake of a lot of newbies is that nang-gigigil sila and they tend to go overboard. Take it easy, essentials oils have very potent medicinal qualities. As a homebaker, I can illustrate it this way: a teaspoon of vanilla extract is enough to flavor an entire cake and a drop of food color will color a bowl of icing. Same way with essential oils, so hinay hinay lang sa gamit. 
There are certain individuals who develop an allergic reaction to it. I personally know someone who ended up in the hospital with a severe allergic reaction after using EOs. You can research online on the safe dosage.

2. Should Be Used Diluted
Most essential oils should never be used undiluted on the skin. Instead, they should be combined with carrier oils, butters (like shea), or alcohols (like vodka). Like what I've mentioned already above, if you don’t dilute, you may end up with an unfortunate reaction or an unplanned trip to the ER.

I learned this the hard way when I placed an undiluted blend onto my son's neck. He felt a burning sensation immediately, it's a good thing I remembered that the best way to "wash" EOs is to put carrier oil onto the area. 

Betty did mention that there is an exception to the rule: lavander is safe to use undiluted. 

3. Not Water Soluble 
Betty also reminded the group that essentials oils are not to be ingested, and is best used topically blended with a carrier oil and NOT JUST WATER.


4. Rotate Between Use
Do not use the same oils for an extended period of time. Sensitization can occur at any time, even with oils you have used for years. It's suggested to rotate the oils you use daily on a 2 week interval.



Mesclun + Mesclun Kids
Lunch was served at the Aruga Cafe by Mesclun.  It was my first time to visit the restaurant and I'm surprised that there's this quiet resto which serves good food this side of Rockwell.

guava pork adobo

grilled salmon fillet

this drink is infused with citrus hydrosols from the Florihana brand

happy to be seatmates with these girls because we also shared our mains and I get to taste everything. tee-hee! 


Because the event is specifically for the modern moms who wear many hats, it is a welcome idea to know that Mesclun Kids are able to help plan birthday parties for kids. You don't even have to worry about party backdrops and the like because there are also party decors which you can rent.
princess set-up by The Event Architects. 
 whole set-up can also be rented through TEA Rentals
bento by Mesclun Kids

Aside from the usual party packages, Mesclun Kids also offer recess party packages by way of bento boxes. They have themes you can choose from plus the bento boxes is customizable.

Warm Cookie Bar by Mesclun Kids


we got to take home desserts from Cinq Desserts.  (the Caramel Pecan Tart is really good)


I also got to take home this bag from one of my fave local brands, Zen Nutrients.


Thanks for inviting, Mish! 


FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment