Thursday, February 13, 2020

Quaker Smart Heart Challenge

It may not be obvious just by looking at me, but my cholesterol levels are out of range. 

I can blame genetics, but I can also take control of lowering my cholesterol levels by adjusting my diet. While I already watch what I eat, I learned that by just incorporating 2 scoops or 8 tablespoons of Quaker Oats daily, I am on my way to kickstart a heart-healthy lifestyle. 

I had my blood sample taken a few days ago. 
I may seem game, but in reality my hands were clammy. Takot ako sa dugo at karayom.😰💉🩸


Oats is a common cereal noted for its heart benefits, owing particularly to its high soluble fiber content called beta-glucan. Scientific studies have shown that beta-glucan is capable of lowering the cholesterol level in the blood, particularly LDL-cholesterol. 

The Quaker Smart Heart Challenge aims to help individuals lower their high cholesterol in just 30 days by making one simple change: incorporating two scoops or eight tablespoons of Quaker oatmeal daily, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol. 

This challenge was created to help adults learn about and develop heart-healthy eating habits, especially now that more and more individuals - including more and more young Filipinos - are experiencing heart problems and high cholesterol levels.

To show how simple, convenient and tasty an oats-filled diet can be, Quaker partnered with health coach Nadine Tengco to create a variety of sweet and savory recipes to complement the 30-day Quaker Smart Heart Challenge, perfect for Filipinos of all ages who are looking to take better care of their hearts. 

Make your own oats breakfast jars with recipes like Coco-Choco Oat Jar and Oats n’ Mango Breakfast Jar, or step up your morning pick-me-up with Choco Oats pancakes.

 photo via pepper.ph

  photo via pepper.ph

  photo via pepper.ph


I'm still waiting for them to email my results and I'll update you soon. Want to join? Just click here to get started


To know more about Quaker Smart Heart Challenge:


FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment