Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy (Chinese) New Year

I have about a dozen draft posts...  I simply have to catch up before news gets too old... :)

Anyway, as long ago as it may be, I just wanted to share with you my family's simple celebration last New Year's Eve.   However, if you are Chinese, this post is not really too late... allow me to greet you a Happy Chinese New Year!  
I prepared some of the family's favorite party canapes to be enjoyed after dinner, while waiting for the clock to strike midnight.
Along with Spinach and Artcihoke Dip, the Torta di Formaggio has become a regular in my kitchen.  It used to be made on special occasions only, but due to the request from my kids, I now make it as often as I can.
The Smoked Salmon and Caviar Pie is a new recipe that I tried just for New Year's.  Everyone loved it as well as it has all the ingredients for a success.  Norwegian Smoked Salmon and Caviar.  What's not to like? 
Since C is under strict orders from his cardiologist to abstain from ALL alcoholic drinks till March, we made do with the next best thing -  sparkling juice!

If you think about it, it is not such a bad alternative... if you count the fact that even the young ones amongst us can raise their glasses, and say Cheers!
Kiong Hee Huat Chai!  
Kong Hei Fat Choy!
Happy Chinese New Year!

Thanks for reading "Our Phenomenal Life." If you subscribe to the blog via RSS feed or via email, you'll get new posts sent straight to you, for free!   

Like this post? Subscribe here.

2 comments :

  1. WOWOWOW! love you spread!
    Ang aga naman ng celeb niyo, sa Feb. 2 pa ang eve ah! :)
    KONG HEI FAT CHOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! no, actually this was new year's eve last dec 31... so many drafts to manage and so many things to do that's why have a long backlog. pweded na din humabaol sa Chinese New Year's Eve tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete