Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Saturdate Agenda {Baking, Nail Spa, Truffle Pizza}

Last Saturday, the boys took off for the day to do their own thing, leaving just us girls in the house.  We started our day early by hying off to the kitchen to bake apple pie.  This is a long-time recipe which I tweaked to add flaxseed in the streusel.

In the afternoon, I decided to take them to a nail spa since I did promise them at the start of summer that we would take time out to do that.  So we drove off to Chic Nails at Scout Tuazon for some pampering.  My older one and I got the foot spa with pedicure package (P470), while B just settled Yummy Gummy pedicure (P150).  We are all obviously in denial that the rainy season is now upon us; as we all chose summery colors, still!

You can view their list of services with the corresponding prices here and here.

Did you all notice that afternoons around the metro are all about rain?  By the time we were done with the foot massage, the downpour was heavy and so we just moved to the restaurant next door for a quick and light snack.  Buenisimo is a Spanish restaurant owned by Chef Gino Gonzales of Cafe Ysabel.  We ordered the Truffle pizza (P468).  The thin-crust pizza was good; it came with white sauce, organic mozzarella, truffle bits, and white truffle oil.   It was too near dinner already, and I didn't want anyone's appetite to be ruined, so we just shared the pizza among us. 

My Saturdate with my two girls should be followed by another soon enough.  As it is, the are both growing up so fast; I will have a teenager even before I know it.

FOLLOW ME!   
   

2 comments :

  1. I can't wait for my baby to grow up so we can spend some time in the spa for a massage or a mani/pedi like what you did with your daughters.

    xoxo
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I badly need a pedi!!! I think I'd have to DIY in the meantime. It's so cool to have girls, and I am beginning to enjoy M's company when going out now that she appreciates shopping for clothes more hahahaha.... but she dislikes beauty stuff.

    ReplyDelete