Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Beef Gyudon Recipe Using the Tiger Tacook Rice Cooker

I enjoy cooking – to a certain extent, basta di ako naghahabol sa oras. I want to cook when I'm relaxed and just taking my time. Luckily, I have the privilege of having the time to prepare the kind of food that I want for my family on most days.

I posted a photo of our dinner last week and got a lot of requests to share the recipe for my Beef Bulgogi, kaya eto na.

Sharing my recipe for Beef Gyudon at the end of this post


Sharing my recipe for Beef Gyudon at the end of this post


But I admit that planning and preparing meals is hard work. We all can use a little help in the kitchen.

What is the busiest time in your day?
It seems that no matter what stage of parenting you're in, the busiest time is that few hours before dinner. We need to prep dinner, all while attending to everyone.

If you have babies and toddlers, they are tired and cranky. If you have big kids, like I do, hectic naman sa hatid-sundo, both from school and after-school activities. Then we have to make sure to give space to the husband who just came home tired from work. (Pero sa totoo lang, nakakapagod din ang ginagawa nating mga mommies.) If you're a working mom, well, it's time to put on your mom-hat, no matter how tiring it was at the office.


What do you prioritize? 
Do you spend this witching hour cooking? Or do you use this time to talk with your husband and kids asking about their day.  It's a tough choice ano?

On one hand, we want to serve home-cooked meals because we know its healthier that way: less processed foods, we can control the sugar and salt content; not to mention, it is more cost-effective also than eating out or ordering take-out. On the other, we also want to give our kids attention when they want to talk about their day.


JBX-B Tiger Tacook
With the Tiger JBX-B Tacook rice cooker, we can now have the double benefit of preparing a healthy, home-made meal and some free time to enjoy our family or engage in other pursuits.
 Click here to know more about the Tiger Tacook JBX rice cooker


This Tiger Tacook rice cooker is a recent addition to my kitchen, but it is turning out to be my favorite already. It's multi-function and could easily be the most hardworking kitchen appliance I have. 

Not only can it simultaneously cook rice and ulam at the same time, it also functions as a slow-cooker and steamer. It also offers different settings for different kinds of rice to make sure that the rice is yummy and fluffy all the time.

I also find the timer function quite useful.  You can program your rice cooker to cook at a later time of day, or during the early morning so you don't have to wake up so early for school baon. You have rice cooking even when you are still sleeping.



On a recent weeknight, I made Beef Gyudon in my Tiger Tacook rice cooker.

Would you believe I only spent 20 minutes of active cooking time? While the beef and rice were cooking, I was making the gyudon sauce and chopping the leeks for garnish and frying the eggs. By the time my rice cooker made a beep to signal it's done cooking, all I have to do is assemble the plates on the table, and we are ready to eat! 

I was even able to talk to one of my kids who had a bad day in school. As you can see, I was multi-functioning like my Tiger Tacook rice cooker.


Just put the ingredients in the Tacook cooking pot and set it on top of the washed rice. Choose the Synchro Cooking and press start. It's that simple!


Et voila! Dinner is served!


Beef Gyudon Recipe
using Tiger Tacook rice cooker

500gms beef tenderloin, sukiyaki cut (request your butcher for #0, meaning the thinnest possible cut)
3 cups uncooked rice (depends on how much your family eats)

MIXTURE #1 (marinade)
3 tbsps kikkoman soy sauce 
2 tbsps mirin 
1 tbsp sugar 

MIXTURE#2 (sauce)
1 cup water 
2 tsp Dashi 
3 tbsp mirin 
2 tsp kikkoman soy sauce 
2 tsp sugar 
1/2 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp ground black pepper 
1/2 cup water mixed with 1 tbsp cornstarch (adjust depending on how thick or thin you want your sauce to be)

Onion, sliced 
Green onion, sliced for garnish 

1. Marinate beef in the mixture #1 for a few hours or overnight. 
2. Put the washed rice and water in inner pot. 
3. Put marinated beef in tacook cooking plate and set on top of the inner pot. 
4. Select “synchro-cooking” and press “start” 
5. While waiting for the rice and beef to finish cooking, put mixture #2 (for the sauce) in a separate pot. Let boil once. Set aside. 
6. Once the tacook beeps to signal cooking is done, plate the dish. 
7. Pour desired amount of sauce on top of bowl and garnish with green onions and eggs.

Just for fun, I made this short video so you can see how easy it is to use! And just how much it can help you by freeing up your time.


You can get more Tiger Tacook recipes here: https://tiger-ph.com/eng/jbx/recipe
To get your own Tiger Tacook rice cooker: shoptigerph


To know more about  Tiger Philippines

FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment