Friday, July 5, 2013

Saturdate Agenda {Beauty Session & Shoe Shopping}

Saturday was all about catching up with a longtime good friend, Donna. When I got an invite to have an Estee Lauder make-over, I invited her to go with me since it's been months since we last went out. She just gave birth two months ago, and I figured this lady needs a well-deserved break from mommy duties and breastfeeding, even for just a few hours.
When we were both still single, we used to go out for shopping and nail spa dates frequently. But when I got married, and mommy responsibilities slowly began to overtake my life, we would just meet up for a quick lunch near her office. It is such a treat to spend time with this girl not only because we've been good friends since high school, but also because she brings truth to the verse: As iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. (Proverbs 27:17)



We are both godparents to each of our first-borns. Her son, who is all of 5, is such a cutie (mana kay ninang! That's me, of course). And we all know that the best ninang ever comes bearing gifts! Rebisco Bibibons and Two Tots growth chart are a yay!
For the newborn baby, I bought a baby blanket/towel from Green Sproutlets. Green Sproutlets offer infant and toddler apparel made from eco-friendly fabrics, mostly from bamboo, soy and cotton; all of which are naturally anti-bacterial, hypo-allergenic, more breathable and thermal regulating which is perfect for babies' sensitive skins.
After a quick lunch at UCC at the 5th level of Rustans Makati, we went down to where the Estee Lauder beauty make-over was going to be held.  Tha brand was promoting its best-selling Double Wear Stay In Place Foundation, which they claim can lasts up to 15 hours.
 
Here we are after, looking a little bit different, but none the worse.  We enjoyed sitting down leisurely while someone else prettified us.
SoMoms, Michelle of Momma 'N Manila, and Cai of Apples & Dumplings were also there for the beauty session.


Donna and I went around for some shoe shopping afterwards. While she looked for stilletos at Jimmy Choo, I wanted to buy some flats. We also tried on some Bensimon sneakers, but since black is not in stock, we decided to just wait for stocks to arrive. She lured me to Repetto, a brand she swears by for comfortable flats.
 
 But Yosi Samra was more up my range. I tried on four pairs, all of which I love!

I finally decided on this cap-toe pair. I broke it in the next day and found it super comfy.  But I also like the tiger print, which I think I will buy the next time I go shopping.

Till the next weekend!

Follow Me!




8 comments :

  1. Good choice! I'm a Yosi Samra loyalist too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I remember your friend from your JS prom!!! SInama ako ni Jen Fong diba? :)))
    Anyway, congrats with her new baby and hope she liked the blanket!
    What a fun day, after make-up, shopping naman. I like your choice, I also want a cap-toe Yosi...maybe in a few months. Repetto is so nice din but not in the budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. galing ng memory mo! yeah she is that sme girls. same here, parang di ko din kaya to spend more than 10g on shoes.

      Delete
  3. Ang cute niyo! Lagi ka na nag beauty event ah ; ) I <3 Yosi Samra siempre gold talaga ang binili ko hehehe

    xoxo
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. napaghahalatang kailangan daw mag-attend! wala kasing alam sa make-up!

      Gold is so you!

      Delete
  4. I remember Donna! She's from Toronto also, right? Congrats to her! Now on to more serious things, you have REPETTO in Manila? As in the same Repetto from Paris? I love their ballet flats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's the same Donna, Jen. Yes the Repetto from Paris, Donna kept saying how comfortable and it pays for itself kase she had hers for so long na daw... but I can't bring myself to spend more than PHP10g for shoes. True-blue kuripot!

      Delete