Monday, January 27, 2014

Weekend Footnotes

I woke up 5:15am today to prepare my kids' lunch for school, and went back to sleep right after.  I only got off my bed again at 8am when the hubby woke me up for our daily breakfast date, before he leaves for work.  I am still too pooped from last weekend's activities, and my body is demanding some more rest!:)

Last week was the start of the Palarong Pambansa (NCR meet) festivities.  Our city of San Juan hosted this year's regional games, and so a parade was in order to officially start the games.
San Juan swimmers pose for photos before we go to the assembly for the parade of athletes
For three straight days, Wednesday to Friday, I was at the poolside cheering for my girls!  J has moved up to compete for the secondary girls of San Juan, and B made it to represent the elementary girls of San Juan. It made both girls so proud to represent their school and city in this year's Palarong NCR.  It was no easy feat for this tired mama as I sat by the bleachers with the other swim-moms, cheering our kids on from sunrise to sundown.
Since I had less time to prepare my family's meals, being that I am also at the poolside for the entire day, meals were limited to rice toppings with meat and veggies that are quick to prepare.  The photo below shows one such meal that took me less than 30 minutes to do.  The roasted black sesame seeds sprinkled on top makes the meals seem so much more special and elaborate that it actually is, don't you think?:)
Grilled chicken with roasted sesame dressing and steamed brocolli 
Moving on to other topic, here's a quick rundown on where I ate the past few weeks...

I think three days of swim-mom duty ought to be rewarded with 2 whole pizzas, eaten in bed while catching up on my favorite tv shows.:) Everyone agrees!
I met up with some friends at The Red Crab over at Eastwood Mall a couple of weeks ago.  The pancit sa tinta was so good that no one minded the black stains it left on our teeth.
The Red Crab Alimango House
Ground Floor, Eastwood Mall, Quezon City


Meeting up with friends over good food is really one of my simple joys.  Trying new restos are made more fun with them.  So I find myself at Tampopo trying the house specialty, the Tampopo Black Pig Shabu Ramen.  The Black Pig, also known as Kurobota in Japanese, is prized for its exceptional flavor and tenderness.
Tampopo
Unit 115, Ground Floor Promenade 3, Greenhills


Our favorite cupcake shop is now nearer!  Cupcakes by Sonja has a new location at the new addition to the Promenade in Greenhills.
Cupcakes By Sonja
Ground Floor Promenade 3, Greenhills

How about you, how did your weekend go?

FOLLOW ME!   
   

No comments :

Post a Comment