Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Mandarin Oriental's Tin Hau

C and I have this relative who loves to host intimate dinners... oftentimes it's to celebrate a birthday, or a despedida, but sometimes, it's just for meeting-up. AND we LOVE getting invited to his dinners because the food is just so exceptionally chosen. The last one we got invited to, we were treated to an excellent Chinese lauriat dinner at Tin Hau.

Let me warn you that this post is photo-heavy, but if you enjoy looking at photos of food, then this is heaven for you!

We were served Dragon Beard Crab Claw set on a bed of Marinated Jellyfish as appetizer.

It was followed by the Barbecue Suckling Pig Combination Platter.  I did not get too much because I know the night is long and the dinner table plentiful!  More dishes sure to follow and I did not want to stuff myself with the barbecue platter. :)

The Double-boiled Emperor's Soup was sooo good.  I don't really know what's in it... I just enjoyed it too much that I did not bother to ask.

We all know in a Chinese Lauriat meal, after the soup, the rest of the special dishes roll out one after the other. The prawns in the Wok-Fried Tiger Prawns with Homemade Honey Soy Sauce were huge.

Followed by the Deep-fried Vietnamese Spring Rolls

Wok-Fried Fragrant Rice with Sea Bass and Crisp Pumpkin

Sauteed kings scallops and shrimp with rainbow vegetable in fried crisp taro ring

Braised Home-Made Spinach Tofu with Shimeji Mushrooms

Steamed Garoupa Fillet with Ginger Paste on Snow Egg White.  This was the only dish I did not like too much.  It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that good either.  The only dish that wasn't "wiped-out."

Signature Two-Way Chicken.  This is one of the best dishes that night.  The chicken meat with cashews served on the giant wanton roll was just so tender and flavorful.

Underneath the crisp chicken skin is a very tasty shrimp mousse
 Flip it over, and the underside is covered with fragrant black and white sesame seeds.

Of course, no Chinese Lauriat dinner will ever be complete without noodles, we had ours, too.  I wasn't able to take a photo anymore as I was just too stuffed to move.  Yeah, that stuffed!:)

The table for the kids and yaya was as abundant with food, as well.

Tin Hau
2/F Mandarin Oriental
Makati Avenue, Makati City
632.750.8888
FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment