Out of habit, I started my meal with this light congee. I got this from my MIL who always reminds everyone to start the meal with something light to prepare the tummy for the gastronomic feast that follows.
Next up, the live cooking and roasted station with Peking Duck pancakes and Crispy Pan-Fried Sichuan Pork Dumplings.
BBQ Pork Belly and Honey Roasted BBQ Pork
Haninan Chicken Sushi, Marinated Oolong Tea Eggs, Pig's Knuckle with Jellyfish
Fish Dumplings with Salmos Fish Roe, Vegetarian dumpling, Fresh Scallop Dumpling with Sweet Corn, SioMai with Crabmeat
Deep-Fried Scallops with Shrimp Mousse in Black Pepper Sauce
Pan_Fried Garoupa Fillet with Chilli and Garlic in Coconut Sauce
Wok-Fried Shrimps with Cashew Nut
Becho-Becho stuffed with Minced Shrimp with Steamed Rice Roll
Deep-Fried Norwegian Salmon and Turnip Pockets. Only 2 pieces ordered by my little girl who really has a curios and diversified culinary palate.
Crispy Fried Taro Puff with Crispy Shrimp. Pan-Fried Turnip Cake.
Slow-Cooked Spare-Ribs "Wuxi" style. You have to order this one! The meat is so tender and flavorful.
Deep-Fried Carb Claws stuffed with Cuttlefish Mousse with Slivered Almond. One of my favorites, too!
The dessert selection is housed is a small room but is filled with mostly traditional Chinese desserts
I want to go back to LiLi already!
The Sunday Dimsum Buffet is available every Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m, P1,650 nett per person.
- - - * * * - - -Whenever the kids are home, the kitchen is the busiest place in the house! I do not exaggerate! Kain ng kain! So last Saturday, I thought of teaching them how to DIY one of their favorite Bread Talk snacks: the pork floss bread. It is so good and so easy that even my 9-year old son was able to prepare one by himself, with no supervision at all ha, for Sunday breakfast. Winner!
1. Spread condensed milk on the cut-side of the bread. Any bread will do, but a soft bread is ideal. For this one, the only available bread in the house is a baguette, so that's what we used. We also tried making it with regular sandwich bread with fine results.
2. Put a thin layer of Japanese mayo.
3. Top with your favorite brand of pork floss.
Our favorite brand of floss is Lim Chee Guan, which can be bought in Singapore. I remember queueing up for it when we went to Singpore to buy as pasalubongs for family and friends. So whenever relatives or good friends are in SG, we ask them to buy bagfuls for us, and I store them in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
- - - * * * - - -
My B is a Harry Potter geek, in part because all of her good friends are so into it, as well. Last Saturday, one of her friends celebrated her birthday with a play-date, and everyone came dressed in their best Hogwarts School costume, complete with the wizards' wands, Harry Potter chocolate frogs, Berttie Botts jelly beans with the grossest flavors.
I love B's friends because everyone is just so creative; every playdate is always full activities that are imaginative and full of make-believe. It makes me so grateful that on most days when she comes home from school, my B is so full of kwentos about how her friends are so nice and fun to be with.
- - - * * * - - -On a different note, I have always wanted to memorize more bible verses because I really find them so useful in motivating myself to be a better wife and mother, and also in encouraging and disciplining my kids. But I guess I don't really know how to go about it; plus with my busy schedule, it seems to always be pushed back to the bottom of my list of things to do.
I am so thankful that I discovered this wonderful app called SheReadsTruth, which helps me be more intentional in memorizing the Scripture. The app provides beautiful images with Bible verses, which are available for FREE download. The image below is already saved as my lockscreen, so each time I open my iPhone, I will remember to memorize this verse. New week, new lockscreen, new verse to memorize. How convenient is that!
Let's all try to make everything we do this week more purposeful!