Tuesday, February 17, 2015

{Weekend Footnotes } Jam Foods Angus Salpicao + Cookies Unlimited + Marca Leon Healthy Oils

My family has been the recipient of a few yummy treats the past few weekends.  Such a blessing! Everyone in the family looks forward to the weekends because it means pigging out and eating out.

The kids don't get to eat desserts on weekdays because between swimming training and studying for school, there's really not much time to indulge their sweet tooth.  I avoid packing sweets into their lunch boxes because I am in the process of training their palate to eat fresh foods that do not require cooking. So recess usually means bananas, melons, apples or salad greens.

But weekends are different... it's the time when it's kinda free for all as far as food is concerned. I want to share with you some of our recent discoveries because they are all so good!!!



Jam Foods Angus Beef Salpicao




Jam Foods is best known for their Angus Beef Tapa, but they have added other meat products to their product line: Hot & Spicy Angus Tapa, Premium Lean Angus Tapa, Korean Beef BBQ, Angus Burger Patties, Angus Rib-eye, and many more.

Jam Foods are such heaven-sent to busy mom-chefs like me because all Jam Foods products are frozen and ready to cook. I like to have a pack or two on stand-by in my freezer for days when I am too busy to prepare something.  All I need to do is just move one pack from the freezer to the ref before I head out, and when I come back home, I simply cook the defrosted meat. It goes straight into the pan. Easy peasy!


Like Jam Foods Angus Tapa on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jamfoods.angustapa



Cookies Unlimited


My son loves crisp butter cookies, as in he really loves them and can eat one BIG cookie jar in one sitting... in less than an hour! Not an exaggeration! And when he tasted the Crisp Almond Butter Cookies of Cookies Unlimited, no one is allowed to share anymore. hahaha! He loves them that much!

Everyone in the family are in unison that the Lace Crisps in Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut and Almond Butter Crisps are our favorites!


Here are their other selections: 

Regular Cookies:  Oatmeal Crisps

Handmade Cookies:  Lace Crisps Belgian Dark Chocolate, Lace Crisps Hazelnut Chocolate, Lace Crisps Mint Chocolate, Chocolate Crisps, Almond Butter Crisps

Soft and Chewy Cookies: Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookies, White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookies, Dark and White Chocolate Chip Cookies, Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cookie Cups: Chocolate Ganache, Hazelnut Chocolate, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, M&M Chocolate

Sugar Free Cookies: (they use Isomalt as sugar substitute) Oatmeal Crisps Sugar Free, Almond Butter Sugar Free, Cashew Meringue Sugar Free


Cookies Unlimited is located at the 3rd floor, SM MegaFashion Hall. 
Follow Cookie Unlimited on Instagram: http://instagram.com/cookiesunlimitedph/Like Cookies Unlimited on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/CookiesUnlimitedPH



Marca Leon Healthy Oils


Marca Leon sent over a hamper full of my pantry essentials, from cooking oils to organic coco sap sugar. If you follow me on Instagram, then you know that we are big on saba (plantain bananas). My kids usually eat them as is, but for the times when I still have a bunch on the kitchen countertop, and they are already in danger of spoiling soon, I turn them into minatamis na saba (sweetened plantains) and they can keep inside the refrigerator for another more week.

I have stopped using white and brown sugar for cooking and baking, and have instead substituted with coconut sap sugar.  Nice to discover that Marca Leon now sells Sorel, its 100% Organic Coconut Sap Sugar.


Stay tuned! I will be sharing how else I use this organic coconut sap sugar in the coming days.  In the meantime, enjoy the week!:)


FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment