Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy

As a baon-prepping mama, one of the things I often think about is what food to prepare for my kids' lunch baon. I want them to look forward to eating lunch, and not complain that they are eating the same ulam all the time. When my friends and I get-together, we sometimes compare what we serve our kids. You know, to get new ideas from each other. 

One of the things that make my life easier as a baon-making mama is to have a ready supply of lean ground beef in my freezer. I buy about 2 kilos each time, and season them before I pack them in my Ready-Wrap Freezer-Ready containers. I use meatballs as a base for a whole lot of dishes.





One of the things I often do with meatballs is to make meatballs with mushroom gravy. My kids jsut love it that they don't complain even if I serve this every week. There are times when I make the mushroom gravy from scratch, but sometimes I also just use canned cream of mushrooms. There are days when we all feel that there's simply not enough time, but we know we want to prepare a home-cooked meal and not spend so much time slaving in the kitchen, di ba? Days like that, I know I want to cut myself some slack and I reach into my pantry for a can of Jolly cream of mushroom.

Fly Ace Corp recently sent over a basket of their items. A lot of their items are my pantry staples already, so the replenishment is most welcome.  


Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy

Meatball recipe can be found here
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl.
2. Get at least 1/4 cup of the mixture, roll into a ball then flatten using your palm.
3. Pan fry the shaped mixture and drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
4. Reserve pan with drippings.

Mushroom Gravy Ingredients:
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp chopped onion
1 can Jolly Pieces and Stem Mushroom
1 can Jolly Cream of Mushroom Soup 10.5oz
1/2 cup Jolly Cow Freshmilk
1 tsp ground pepper

Mushroom Gravy Procedure:
1. Heat butter in the same pan used to cook the meatballs. Saute onion and 1 can Jolly Pieces and Stem Mushroom.
2. Add Jolly Cream of Mushroom Soup, milk, salt and ground pepper. Heat through over medium heat, stirring to loosen any browned bits. Simmer until mixture thickens.
3. Pour the gravy over the meatballs.



I guarantee your kids will like them as much! Lemme know how yours turn out when you do try this recipe.





For more than 40 years, Fly Ace Corporation has been bringing top quality food and beverage products to Filipino homes. Fly Ace directly sources products from across the globe including Europe, Asia, Australia and the United States to introduce to the Philippine market brands such as Jolly canned fruits and vegetables, Dona Elena Olive Oils and Dona Elena Pasta, Jolly Claro Palm Oil, and Jolly Canola Oil among others.



To know more about FlyAce Corp


FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment