Wednesday, October 25, 2017

{Weekend Footnotes} Cowrie Grill + Nikko's Baking Studio + UPCAT + SoruIzakaya

Cowrie Grill by Manila Hotel


I met up with some friends for dinner at the Cowrie Grill last Friday. It was my reward to myself for the hectic week. It was the perfect start to my weekend!

From the moment I walked through the door up to to the time I left the restaurant, the staff was very attentive. For dinner, I had lobster tail and Angus beef, which were both cooked to perfection. It's seasoned very well and is like cutting into butter.

There may be newer and fancier steak places, but you'd be hard pressed to find a better steak. I love this place! I will tell you more about all the food I ate here in my next post.



Meanwhile, drool at this photo of Cowrie Grill's table side flambe Chateaubriand. So luxurious!



Nikko's Baking Studio

My daughter was invited to a baking birthday party at Nikko's Baking Studio last Saturday afternoon.

B and her friends thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. It was a fully hands-on class, with the girls doing almost everything. They were divided into three groups, and were taught how to make rainbow cake, Oreo cheesecake and smores pie.


Chef Nikko was personally on hand to teach the girls the basics of baking. She also had several assistants helping the girls out.


B was assigned to the Oreo cheesecake station.



While the girls were busy baking, I went around the studio. It's a very nice place for parties or even jsut for a light afternoon snack. It's very homey and every spot is perfect for taking a photo.






UPCAT
It was J's UPCAT schedule last Sunday. Her call time was at 630am, but we were already awake 4:45am! If we learned anything during the ACET and DCAT, it was to be at the venue an hour before the call time. We don't want her stressing out because she's late. It seems like everyone had the same plan, as the roads in UP was already filled up with cars at 5 in the morning!


She finished around 1230pm and requested for a Japanese lunch, we obliged her and dropped by our fave Japanese resto around the Maginhawa area, Soru Izakaya.

We all remember the food to be better the last time we ate there. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't something to rave about either. But if we wanted some aburi style sushi, this is still the most convenient place to go to in the QC area.



To know more about : Webpage | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment