We are off to the beach tomorrow and here I am sharing with you the steps I’ve taken (in vain) to look a teensy-bit better::
1. Get a head start on my tan.
In the beach, a healthy sun kissed glow is always the best fashion accessory. For the past four years now, I have managed to look like a beach sweetie, thanks to my triumvirate of L’Oreal self-tanners.
A few days before our departure, I start slathering on L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Lotion in Medium Natural Tan everyday to build up my sunless tan. It usually takes around three to four applications to get the golden color that I like.
At around the same time, I also use the Sublime Bronze FACE on my face and neck to make sure that I have an even tan all over.
2. Paint toe nails in a vivid summery color.
3. Wax/shave legs, underarms and bikini area the night before.
4. On the beach, apply sun block with high SPF at least 30 minutes
before sun exposure and re-apply every 2 hours.
I use VMV's Armada Sport SPF70. It is quite expensive, but I am taking them up on their claim that their formula "creates a unique barrier-film, an invisible virtual second skin that stays on skin's surface to maintain protection integrity in and out of water, and while exposed to harsh sun and heat."
5. Massage hair with a deep moisturizing conditioner and put it up in a messy bun.
6. Acessorize (and protect) with a good pair of shades offering UV protection and a wide brimmed straw hat.
7. Remember that the best thing to wear on the beach is a SMILE!