Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Halloween 2013

A late post on Halloween, but I just wanted to share with you how my kids did Halloween this year. We are not really big on celebrating this, and costumes are usually just limited to the DIY type.  I love doing it with the kids, and I enjoy all their gushing when they see the costumes finally come together. 

This year their swim team decided that it would be fun to go to training wearing costumes.And so the kids were required to don costumes for two training days. First day sporty costumes, and you can see how FIERCELY the coaches posed for their Halloween #OOTD (outfit of the day):
As Coach Rio and an aerobic instructor
Here are all the coaches together:
J came dressed up in her school soccer uniform.  It's been a quite some time since she last put them on, maybe about 2-3 years, it's a good thing she kept her shin-guard safely in her closet, and her cleats still fit her.  Her feet grew so much since the last time that thick soccer socks were clearly out of the question.

Another training day and the here are the coaches rocking the cartoons/superheroes theme:

B was invited to go trick or treating by her good friend and swim team-mate.  If there was a prize for best family costume, this family would have certainly won.  The entire family came in Star Wars inspired costumes.  The pretty and creative mom went the DIY route, and made everything from scratch.  B's friend dressed up as Darth Vadar, the mom as Hans Solo.  Look at the DIY R2D2 stroller below, and be inspired!!!
 

B's owl costume was inspired by this.  I followed the tutorial, but made a few revisions.  We made the owl body using an old, tattered shirt.  I cut out crepe paper and glued them to the shirt all the way around.  The owl mask is also another DIY project that I got from here.  The face mask I just bought from the bookstore and covered it with brown acrylic paint and decorated with crepe paper.

It's an easy project that only needs a few hours to put together, but it made her so happy to see it made from scratch. 

Hope you enjoyed yours, as well!


FOLLOW ME!   
   

1 comment :

  1. I am amazed at your DIY projects... the coaches are so cool!
    I enjoyed doing those before but now my laziness gets me hahaha... and we're not big on halloween either. Pressure lang sa school! :D

    ReplyDelete