Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Weekend Footnotes

It's back to the daily grind for me and the rest of the moms with school-aged kids. It seems like the holiday break just flew by... Bitin! How did you spend the last few days of the Christmas break?

We were invited last Saturday to the first birthday party of the youngest sister of one J's good friends. It was an Alice-in-Wonderland themed party held at the Isla Ballroom of the EDSA Shangri-la Hotel.  There were a lot of activities for the kids - cupcake decorating booth, face-painting, glitter tattoo, a booth for decorating a mad-hatters hat (for the boys) and a booth for designing fascinators (for the girls).
Since J was seated with her friends, B and I made the most of our being early by having fun. We tried on fascinators and took selfies.:)

Seems that most of the moms in this party did not outgrow their love for dress-up!  Everyone in our table gamely put on our fascinators and posed for photos.
My daughter and her friends enjoyed each other's company with no homeworks and projects to worry about. These girls have been J's good buddies since they were in 3rd grade, and I consider occasions like this a good opportunity to meet up and talk with the mommies, as well.

The next day, Sunday, after church, we met up with my in-laws at the East Wing of Shangrila-la Mall.  We ate at Akira: The Art of Sushi and Teppanyaki.  What makes them different from other Japanese restaurants is that they offer teppanyaki tables.  Too bad we were not able to get seats by the grill as the restaurant was already crowded by the time we got there.  It's always the husband who does the ordering whenever we eat out on weekends, but here are some of the plates I was able to snap, I missed the others because either the kids got to them first before I could reach for my phonecam or I was too busy eating to be bothered.:)
The food tasted good and is mid-priced, so it is perfect for our Sunday lunch.:)

After lunch, we went around the mall to do some shopping.   J saw that Stradivarius was on sale and begged to go in.  She was able to score 2 pants for P990 each.  I love her choices - khaki and blush pink.  I am relieved that her neon days are over!!!

FOLLOW ME!   
   




No comments :

Post a Comment