Monday, June 2, 2014

Weekend Footnotes

I look forward to posting my Weekend Footnotes because it is almost always full of food photos!  And this weekend is no different.

The mommy of one of B's good friends texted me last week if we wanted some fresh ramen noodles. Who says no to that, right?  So of course, I quickly told her that C and the kids are ramen fanatics!  She sent over a bagful of noodles.  She has been busy perfecting her fresh ramen noodles recipe because she has plans of supplying to the local ramen restaurants.

I immediately searched online for ramen broth recipe, and I found out that I do not have the pateince and the inclination to make the tonkotsu broth because it is so time-consuming.  I would just rather order this when we eat out.  I just settled for something that is easy to do, so miso ramen broth it is!

J helped me make the marinated soft boiled eggs, which you can see in the upper right in the photo below.


I took out my ramen bowls for an authentic ramen experience!  Hahaha!  I handcarried these bowls lovingly from Japan and I haven't had the chance to use it yet.

Here is how my homemade ramen looked like; having no chance to go to the grocery, I just used up whatever was in the fridge and pantry to come up with this.  The pork topping was just left over from our previous meal. Haha!  The noodles were perfect - chewy and slightly firm to the bite!

My kids were so happy when PLDT Home DSL invited my family for another limitless sharing of family-sized connection.  We were invited to watch the block screening of Maleficent at the Power Plant Cinema.

After the movie, the kids requested to eat at Chili's.  I can't believe that after eating merienda earlier in the afternoon, then dinner, and even after having a large bucket of popcorn each, they still have room in their tummies for yet another snack!

On Sunday, my takeaway from the message that Pastor Peter shared is that our response to stress and problems show our spiritual maturity.  To hear his complete message, you can click on the link here

Family lunch was at Cibo in Shangrila Mall.  This is one of my kids favorite restos, and they usually order the same thing when we eat here.

They have a new menu offering, so I decided to try the prawns
 

While the hubby ordered the Osso Bucco.

My two younger kids ordered the Beef with Roasted Garlic and Rosemary. One for each, of course, with an order of extra rice. This is their fave whenever we eat at Cibo.

J ordered the Fish with Pesto Sauce.

And because, they really are BIG eaters, one more Pasta Genovese to be shared by all three of them.

Tiramisu to end our meal.

My oldest seems to have grown inches over the summer break.  Look how she towers over me now!  Just putting my arm over her shoulder is already an effort... soon I might have to tip-toe already.
Yikes! Since when did she grow this tall?
Seems like I just blinked and ... Poof! She's this high already!
If you follow me on Instagram (if not yet, then follow me here), then you know that it rained cheese inside our house last week.  Perfect Italiano sent over boxes upon boxes of cheese! And I quickly shared them with family and friends.

I quickly challenged my younger sister to host Sunday dinner using Perfect Italiano cheese as the common ingredient from appetizers, to entrees, to desserts! .  Hahaha!  Talagang pina-host eh, noh! She is the real master in the kitchen and can easily make meals from her head.

Here's what she served us:  Baked Fish with Spinach Cream Sauce, Baked Lasagna, Mushroom and Cheese Fajitas, Quinoa Salad with Cucumbers, Tom,atoes and Parmesan, Mozzarella Sticks and Cheesy Meat Loaf.

My girls baked chocolate cupcakes from scratch, and my other sister bought this mocha cake from Everyday Mom

 With only a few days left of their summer vacation, we are clearly making the most of what remains of summer!

FOLLOW ME!   

8 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Peachy! There's a lot of sellers also in IG, but I haven't been successful in buying from they so far. Parati akong nauunahan.

      Delete
  2. What a jam packed weekend full of yummy food and bonding moments! It was so good to see you at the screening of Maleficent, too! So happy that the SoMoms has brought us together :-) I love learning from you and your posts, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mish! Agree! SoMoms has made me learn so much from all you pretty mamas! See you on the 18th.:)

      Delete
  3. Your Ramen looks so good! :) Hoping one day I could actually make my own!:)

    Your daughter is so tall! I bet my eldest soon would tower over me someday too! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy, Ava. Lemme know if you need the recipe, would gladly share with you.:)

      Delete
  4. You are a certified ramen girl! I want to try the new dishes in Cibo, mukhang masarap lahat ng inorder niyo lalo na un prawns haha Ang bilis lumaki ng kids, may dalaga ka na!

    xoxo
    MrsMartinez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beef is really good, though. As in yan ang order parati ng mga anak ko.

      Ikaw din malapit na mag pre-school baby mo, ikaw na ang magkakaron ng separation anxiety!:)

      Delete