Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Happiest 17th!

My oldest turns 17 today.

I see her walking in my steps in more ways than one as the years go by. This makes me pray that I am intentional and purposeful in the way I lead my life.

That my walk speaks louder than my talk.

This caused me to self-reflect: Have I placed my life under God's control? Do my actions reflect this?

Teach them to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. {Deuteronomy 6:7}

 My IG greeting to her goes:  
"Happy 17th to our family's big-sister, style-arbiter, silly laughter-source, spotify playlist-curator, good-natured realist and resident drama-"kween". Today we celebrate you and all the times you make us laugh out loud, thankful to God that we get to keep going - together. Parenting can sometimes be complicated, grateful that you ALWAYS make it seem so simple"




I made chocolate cupcakes and macadamia + white choco chip cookies that she can share with her friends in school. I do not bake as much as I want now because I am trying to lessen everyone's sugar intake. But baking to share with friends is a very good excuse to bake. I get the joy and fulfillment without the calories.




Happy Birthday again, Achi! We love you very much!








FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment