Sunday, February 3, 2019

Chinese New Year with honestbee

I can't believe it's been a month into 2019 already. In a few days, Chinese New Year na!

For most Chinese, it is a tradition to welcome it with a grand celebration along with an abundance of dishes to bring everyone good luck for the coming year. Usually, we celebrate Chinese New Year's Eve by having dinner with my side of the family and New Year's Lunch with my husband's side of the family.

My mom prepares the same dishes yearly which she believes will bring good luck to all of us. My mother in law has her own beliefs naman. But what almost all Chinese families have in common is that a few days leading up to Chinese New Year, almost everyone is in Chinatown stocking up on things to welcome the New Year.

I just ordered my weekly grocery the other day from S&R via honestbee. And while I was buying my groceries online, I discovered that honestbee now has a category to specifically cater to families celebrating Chinese New Year.


I usually buy my dumplings and fish shaped tikoy from DECS, and knowing that they are now on honestbee makes me happy since honestbee has turned into my online Ongpin as it has gathered all the best merchants in and around Chinatown to make prepping for Chinese New Year easier for me!

Now there’s no need to go out of my way to satisfy my hopia cravings as Holland and Eng Bee Tin now have digital storefronts via honestbee. I can also purchase my lucky pig figurines, chinese lanterns and angpao as honestbee can deliver all of these lucky charms and feng shui items from New Victory Trading to my doorstep!



As I've mentioned earlier, we house-hop for CNY eve and for lunch on the day itself, but it's good to know that honestbee also offers online restaurant delivery services for Chinese New Year. I've seen restaurants like Lugang Cafe, Tuan Tuan, and Wang Fu from among honestbee's Chinese New Year resto selections. For most Chinese families, steamed fish is a staple as it is believed to bring in prosperity. Another food that always make an appearance is the lumpia becuase the golden cylindrical shape of the spring rolls depict gold bars, to signify bringing in a lot of wealth. Shempre, no Chinese celebration is ever complete without noodles as they are well-known to symbolize longevity, in fact any birthday celebration isn’t complete without it, so go ahead and order your favourite noodle dishes from Ling Nam and Ersao too.

Look for all these offerings under the Chinese New Year tab to bring you luck this Year of the Pig!



To know more about honestbee



FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment