Thursday, July 25, 2013

Saturdate Agenda { 1-on-1 With The Li'l Man and 10a Alabama Arts & Crafts Fair }


I am getting into this part of my life where my kids have started having their own activities, apart from each other. Gone are the days when I could just herd the pack into one playdate or kiddie party, and relax as I chat away with the other moms. Now, as I drop off one kid in a swim meet, I go rushing to bring the another one to a party. This is the way it is going to be especially now that I have two tweeners and one teenager. I know their social calendar is going to get more busy in the years to come.

But for now, it is enough that I still have the li'l man to keep me company. If you follow me in Instagram (IG handle: phenomenalmama), you must've seen the photo below already. I really have to cherish and take advantage of this time when he still willingly goes with me - and holds my hand! In a few years, I might not be so lucky anymore.

After we dropped off her sister at the party, I decided to swing by the 10a Alabama Arts & Crafts Fair. It was within the area, so I figured we could go around quickly and go back to the party without anyone noticing I am gone.
The li'l man and I got there early, too early in fact, as some of the crafters were still doing their ingress. Nonetheless, we decided to walk around, and here are some of the things that caught my eye.  I tried to take most of the photos with their business cards, and I assume they are all in Facebook; so if anyone is interested in their work, you could look them up on FB.

I love these brooches!  But when I came back for them to purchase them after I took one turn around the fair, the gold and aqua dog got sold out already.
Speculiars
This drawer called my attention, but I don't know how it is going to fit in my house.

Gawani Femi is all about cute items made from felt cloth. They have adorable pins that I am sure would be loved by my girls.  Don't you think this owl pendant is just adorable?

Gawani Femi


Pieces by Phoebe offers unique accessories in eye catching colors. No two designs are alike because everything is done free-hand.
Pieces by Phoebe
I love this piece (sells for P850), but it wasn't available that day.  You can order this piece, along with all her other designs, by getting in touch with her through her IG:  peicesbyphoebe.

I also bought a few dresses from Silly Monkey Clothing to put in my gift closet for last-minute party invites.  I did not take photos, but they were also selling bib and burp-pad combo for P100.00 only.  The fabric used are vibrant, and the design so modern ... it will make you want to have babies again. hahaha!
Silly Monkey Clothing
For those who still have time to write and keep track of their thoughts the old-fashioned way
Spellbound
The vintage looking accessories of Obra Paduding will instantly make you feel pretty

Obra Paduding
It's  my first time to see perfume come in sticks
Aromateria
The soaps and essential oils from Lotus Bloom smelled so good and literally filled up the room with its scent.

Lotus Bloom Eco Vegan Artisan
Artefact sells these wooden clips covered in fabrics.  I can't see myself using thses, but I am sure a lot of people find them useful, functional and cute
Artefact
Tagging along a shopping trip made the li'l man hungry, and it's a good thing there's a snack area in the middle of all these handmade curiosities.



Like 10a Alabama Arts & Crafts Fair on Facebook to know the schedule of the next fair.

10a Alabama Arts & Crafts Fair
10-A Alabama St.,
New Manila, Quezon City

FOLLOW ME!  
   

No comments :

Post a Comment