Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Cowrie Grill by Manila Hotel

Every Sunday is family day for us. We go attend Sunday Service and then we meet up with my MIL and SIL and her family for lunch. My in-laws are creatures of habits. They like to stick to restaurants that they are familiar with and tested to be good.

One of the places we frequent for Sunday lunch is The Manila Hotel, especially when my FIL was still alive. I remember in 2011, when Manila Hotel rebranded Cafe Ilang-Ilang, my FIL booked reservations for all of us to try the newly renovated outlet as soon as it re-opened its doors.




Here are my kids back in 2011, 7 and 8 years old here. but very comfortable with the cheese station at Cafe Ilang-Ilang. I see three kinds of cheeses, dried apricot, some golden raisins and truffle honey. Yum!

I was sad, though, that they had to close down Cowrie Grill to give way to the expansion and renovation of the Café Ilang-Ilang.

But loyal patrons kept looking for Cowrie Grill, and so it was re-launched in 2013 at its new home in Greenhills Promenade.

A few weeks ago I was invited to have dinner at Cowrie Grill, of course I said yes right away! Who says no to having dinner at Manila Hotel’s off-site premier steakhouse? No one di ba?

The restaurant is still reminiscent of its familiar interiors, retaining the iconic lavish display of original cowrie shells that cast in a soft amber glow, further adding a dramatic touch to its lighting fixtures.




You have to agree with me, the beautiful backdrop and understated elegance of the Cowrie Grill make for an unforgettable dining experience. It's no wonder my oldest daughter has gone out on several dates already in this restaurant. The place is beautiful and one of the most elegant restaurants in the area.



They also have private booths available when you want a little more privacy.


But for me, what really makes dining at Cowrie Grill extraordinary is its tableside service where specific dishes are prepared by waiters sharply dressed in all-black right beside your table. It's like having a mini pyrotechnic show right in front of you.
Watching your dinner being prepared in front of you -  freshly tossed salads, grilling the steak, flaming flambes. It’s a sensorial treat like no other!

We started our gastronomic feast with their deconstructed Maitre D' Ceasar Salad, with the dressing freshly done tableside.



followed by the fresh mushroom cappuccino.


Then I ordered the surf and turf combo of lobster tail and Angus beef rib with mushroom risotto. This was one of the finely seasoned steaks I have ever ordered. The lobster and steak was so tender that it felt like I was cutting through butter. I'm very impressed! I loved it so much that I couldn't stop raving about it to my carnivorous husband. We plan to go have dinner here with the kids very soon.


I ended my meal with the Baked Alaska. It was like a show for the senses as you see, smell and then taste the dessert prepared beside you.


The meringue is piped around the cake and ice cream and was set afire by pouring hot liqueur over the top prior before serving.



A Carnivore’s Dream

As I've said, I will be back with my entire family soon, especially since Cowrie Grill have several promos we can choose from:

1. Unlimited Premier Angus Beef Ribs 
Every Thursday, the Cowrie Grill offers its Beef Rib Rush promotional initiative. It’s a carnivore’s dream with an all-you-can-eat premier Angus beef ribs available for lunch and dinner at PHP 3,500 nett per person. A standard side dish is included.

2. 50% off for Citibank cardholders on Citibank Exclusive Set Meals
Get the details of the promo right here
(offer is extended until January 2018)


Cowrie Grill is located in the new wing of the Promenade Shopping Center, Missouri St., Greenhills, San Juan City. For reservations and inquiries, please call (632) 527 0011 ext 1262 to 1264 or 463 1993 or visit the hotel’s website at manila-hotel.com.ph.


FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment