Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Keeping Our Kids Healthy All Year Round with FERN-C kidz

Grabe! It's like I just blinked and back-to-school season is once again here!

Going back into the school routine after an enjoyable summer break is hard for us moms, what more for our kids. They have to get used to waking up early and spend about 8 hours trying to be attentive students in class, after-school activities/sports, then do homework.

Ang sarap sana if I can just spend everyday with my kids, eating out and just talking about anything.


Have you noticed that one of the first things the kids bring home from school, next to homework, are sickness? And once one kid gets sick, nagkakahawaan na kaming lahat. As much as possible, ayaw na ayaw ko talaga na magka-sakit sila. It takes so much out of them and of us as parents, and it seems to take forever to get our normal routine back on track once someone in the family gets sick.

The good news is there are a few simple things we can do to protect their immune systems, keep their energy levels at optimum so they are going strong all year round!


1. Wash hands often.
I remind my kids to wash their hands before their recess and lunch break and after every visit to the toilet. If they can't wash regularly, then I told them to just avoid touching their face kase viruses enter the body through the nose, eyes, and mouth.

There are also times that their friends ask lunch/recess food from them, kase masarap daw parati baon nila (ehem, prepared with so much love by yours truly). I encourage them to share at the start of the meal, this is to avoid double dipping of eating utensils. If they do, parang nag-merry-go-round na ang mga bacteria and viruses sa lunch table nila, di ba?


2. Be active every day
Regular physical activity can boost the circulation of infection-fighting cells, helping reduce the number of cold and flu episodes.
My kids' benefit from the whole body work-out swimming provides.


Just a few months back, my son participated in the Color Burst Run with his friends.
It's a good thing my son has a team where the coach encourages everyone to be try out 
different kinds of activities such as frisbee, running and a whole lot more.


3. Get enough sleep.
Moms, this is SO hard, di ba?  It's directly proportional how it's getting difficult to get them to sleep on time as our kids get older. But getting enough sleep allows our body to protect itself. I've read an article that states that sleep deprivation doubles the risk of getting sick after being exposed to a virus, even the common cold virus. Lack of sleep can also affect how fast we recover if we do get sick. So knowing this, we should be more diligent in reminding our kids to get enough rest talaga.


4. Eat a balanced and healthy diet 
Sometimes we don’t have control over what our children are eating, especially if they get their lunch from the school canteen. Lucky for me because my kids prefer to baon home-cooked food since it tastes better and they don't have to line-up to buy food during lunch.

I have noticed a difference in my kids’ health as I have been intentional about serving them whole foods that are not processed and contain real nutrients. I only want the best for my kids so I make sure that my kids get their protein from good-quality cuts of meat, vitamins and minerals from an assortment of colorful fruits and vegetables. Swerte din because I have a mother-in-law who regularly sends over fruits.

 This is usually what I send as recess baon, especially if we have a lot of fruits sent over by my MIL

I try to cut down on serving sweets and encourage them to eat more fruits instead. Of course, my kids still love desserts, but they are not a part of our daily diet, we limit the sweet treats only on weekends.


5. Supplements
Even if my family is getting many servings of fruits and veggies, it’s never a bad idea to add a daily vitamin supplement. For my active kids, I give them vitamin C and probiotics daily. These 2 have been proven to enhance immune protection and support for my kids for several years now.

When my son went on a 6-week study tour abroad last year, I gave him these two supplements lang and ordered him to take it everyday - religiously! Bless him for listening to my advice because I later learned that there were quite a lot of kids who got sick from the usual cough, colds, sore throat, upset tummy to more serious illness requiring hospital confinement. My son was able to fully enjoy his trip kase hindi sya nagkasakit, and I was also saved from undue stress of worrying. Aynaku, there's nothing more stressful than having a sick kid who is miles away from me.

___________________________________________________________

Sickness will happen, but if you eat right and take supplements, you and your kids will get sick less often. And when you do get sick, it will be shorter and less severe.
___________________________________________________________


Like everything else that I give my family, I want to make sure that the food supplement I give them is the best out there. Dati kase, whenever they take their vitamins, they would always complain that their tummies feel queasy after. Yun pala, we discovered it was the ascorbic acid from their old vitamin C that was causing them to feel that way. Now, we only use FERN-C kidz which has a non-acidic vitamin C.



The next time you buy your vitamins, check the ingredient list and the seal. FERN-C kidz has Sodium Ascorbate, a non-acidic source of Vitamin C.
Sodium Ascorbate is the same vitamin C used in FERN-C, the #1 Sodium Ascorbate vitamin C in the Philippines. 


FERN-C kidz also has the Quali-C seal. This trademark from DSM Europe assures us that the ingredients that are in FERN-C kidz are world-class and safe in terms of quality, reliability and traceability.
Silipin ang C: FERN-C kidz has a Quali-C seal that ensures quality.



FERN-C kidz is available in 120ml and 60ml bottles in drugstores and supermarkets nationwide.


Combine FERN- C kidz with a well-balanced diet, a healthy lifestyle, adequate exercise and enough rest, and your child will be unstoppable all year round!




To know more about FERN-C kidz: 


FOLLOW ME!   

No comments :

Post a Comment